Quantcast

ALERT: got a fragmented packet....

Fredrik Dymek
Hi everybody

I receive en error while thinstation connects to the
server.

ALERT: got a fragmented packet - reconfigure youre
server.

It worked fine for a long time and for some reason it
just stopped working. The client boots en get en IP
adress from the DHCP server then when it should
download the nbi-file it stops with the above error.

I use the prebuilt netboot.
The server is a Windows 2000 server (sp4) with
Terminal services and Trivial FTP Deamon for handling
nbi file.

Can anyone tell me what to do ?

I've tried to remove everything and install the latest
version but no luck!

Tanks

Regars

Fredrik Dymek

Re: ALERT: got a fragmented packet....

Steve Melo
I believe i had a simular promlem a while back when we upgraded to a cisco
switch.
Basically the fix was to turn on the portfast settings on all the tftpd
client ports.

hope that helps,

-steve