Add tkinter lib for python : how can I do ?

Add tkinter lib for python : how can I do ?

Eric Trezel
Hi,

I wrote a script in python for my users, and it uses tkinter. I was
surprised to notice that this lib isn't included in python package in
Thinstation.

In the chroot, I found a test_tkinter directory, but it seems I can
import it (I tried to import tkinter, Tkinter, test_tkinter).

I really need it. Could someone explain me how to add it ?

Thanks

E.T.

--
Eric Trezel
-----------

Re: Add tkinter lib for python : how can I do ?

Eric Trezel
Re,

After further investigations, I finally found tkinter on clients.

It's hidden in /lib/python/lib-tk, but the command "import tkinter" (or
Tkinter) can't find it.

I created a link in /lib/python named Tkinter, pointing on lib-tk
directory, and then import Tkinter finds Tkinter.pyc, but I got a new
error message :

File "/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 39, in <module>

ImportError: No module named _tkinter

Does someone know where this issue comes from, or confirm tkinter is
broken in thistation ?

Thanks for your help

E.T.

--
Eric Trezel
-----------
Technicien de maintenance informatique
Direction du Système d'Information
Université de Limoges
123 Av. Albert Thomas, 87060 Limoges Cedex
Tél : 05 87 08 08 41
Num de poste : 38 41
Accueil : 05 87 08 08 00
Web : http://www.unilim.fr/

Re: Add tkinter lib for python : how can I do ?

Eric Trezel
Hi,

I'm still looking for a way to get tkinter working in thinstation...

I added in the client system the libs It didn't find, hoping I would
have it working at the end, but after adding _tkinter.so,
libBLT.2.5.so.8.6, libtk8.6.so, libtcl8.6.so, I finally got an unfixable
error : _tkinter.so: un defined symbol...

Then I tried to find a missing package to install in build.conf (pygtk
doesn't change anything).

Further, I used setup_chroot, and looked for something to install with
prt-get install. prt-get list didn't give me python-tk, but I found pip,
which I installed, and tried :

pip install tkinter

Answer : Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tkinter
(from versions: )
No matching distribution found for tkinter

Did I miss something, or is there no way to make tkinter work ?

Thanks for your answer

E.T.

--
Eric Trezel
-----------
Technicien de maintenance informatique
Direction du Système d'Information
Université de Limoges
123 Av. Albert Thomas, 87060 Limoges Cedex
Tél : 05 87 08 08 41
Num de poste : 38 41
Accueil : 05 87 08 08 00
Web : http://www.unilim.fr/

Re: Add tkinter lib for python : how can I do ?

Michael K-2
Python was built without tcl/tk since Thinstation doesn't have/use Tcl/tk for anything else.  You'll first need to add ports for tcl and tk and then rebuild the python port.  I do see that Crux has port for tk and tcl in the contrib set, so I'd start with those.

You should see the footprint change for python and then tkinter looks like it should appear when you rebuild the python package.

--
Eric Trezel
-----------
Technicien de maintenance informatique
Direction du Système d'Information
Université de Limoges
123 Av. Albert Thomas, 87060 Limoges Cedex
Tél : 05 87 08 08 41
Num de poste : 38 41
Accueil : 05 87 08 08 00
Web : http://www.unilim.fr/

Re: Add tkinter lib for python : how can I do ?

Eric Trezel

Hi,

Thanks, but I fear this is out of my skills for now. Is there a place where I could find some documentation about add ports, how to replace crux contrib packages in thinstation, and what you mean about see the footprint ?...

Ok, I know, I ask a lot... But maybe the little app I'm trying to include in thinstation could be usefull to others : in a "new machine" pxe entry, it automatically launches hwlister, catch usefull informations about the PC (mac addr...), and let a user choose a group and a type of machine in a GUI. After user's validation, it sends me a tar.gz archive with .list files and informations given by the user. With that, I can act make what's needed on server to make his PC work on the "normal" thinstation pxe entry.

It makes it easier to manage a large amount of thinstation clients

(see what it looks like on attached picture. The GUI could be translated into english, of course)

Thanks

E.T.

--
Eric Trezel
-----------
Technicien de maintenance informatique
Direction du Système d'Information
Université de Limoges
123 Av. Albert Thomas, 87060 Limoges Cedex
Tél : 05 87 08 08 41
Num de poste : 38 41
Accueil : 05 87 08 08 00
Web : http://www.unilim.fr/

Eric Trezel
-----------
Technicien de maintenance informatique
Direction du Système d'Information
Université de Limoges
123 Av. Albert Thomas, 87060 Limoges Cedex
Tél : 05 87 08 08 41
Num de poste : 38 41
Accueil : 05 87 08 08 00
Web : http://www.unilim.fr/

Re: Add tkinter lib for python : how can I do ?

Don Cupp
That would be useful. I wish we could include support for everything, but that would make us big like everybody else. I think it's best for us to support the leanest highest quality software for each function. Generally, I frown on the use of python at all, but if you must, look at pygtk. We use gtkdialog in place of tcl/tk for its better gtk continuity.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

--
Eric Trezel
-----------
Technicien de maintenance informatique
Direction du Système d'Information
Université de Limoges
123 Av. Albert Thomas, 87060 Limoges Cedex
Tél : <a dir="ltr" href="tel:05%2087%2008%2008%2041" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="6">05 87 08 08 41
Num de poste : 38 41
Accueil : <a dir="ltr" href="tel:05%2087%2008%2008%2000" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="7">05 87 08 08 00
Web : http://www.unilim.fr/

Eric Trezel
-----------
Technicien de maintenance informatique
Direction du Système d'Information
Université de Limoges
123 Av. Albert Thomas, 87060 Limoges Cedex
Tél : <a dir="ltr" href="tel:05%2087%2008%2008%2041" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="18">05 87 08 08 41
Num de poste : 38 41
Accueil : <a dir="ltr" href="tel:05%2087%2008%2008%2000" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="19">05 87 08 08 00
Web : http://www.unilim.fr/

Re: Add tkinter lib for python : how can I do ?

Eric Trezel

I understand, of course.

I'm going to write it in pygtk

Thanks

E.T.

Le <a moz-do-not-send="true" dir="ltr" href="tel:14/03/2017" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="1">14/03/2017 à 23:57, Michael K a écrit :

Le <a moz-do-not-send="true" dir="ltr" href="tel:10/03/2017" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="3">10/03/2017 à 14:31, Eric Trezel a écrit :

--
Eric Trezel
-----------
Technicien de maintenance informatique
Direction du Système d'Information
Université de Limoges
123 Av. Albert Thomas, 87060 Limoges Cedex
Tél : <a moz-do-not-send="true" dir="ltr" href="tel:05%2087%2008%2008%2041" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="6">05 87 08 08 41
Num de poste : 38 41
Accueil : <a moz-do-not-send="true" dir="ltr" href="tel:05%2087%2008%2008%2000" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="7">05 87 08 08 00
Web : http://www.unilim.fr/

Eric Trezel
-----------
Technicien de maintenance informatique
Direction du Système d'Information
Université de Limoges
123 Av. Albert Thomas, 87060 Limoges Cedex
Tél : <a moz-do-not-send="true" dir="ltr" href="tel:05%2087%2008%2008%2041" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="18">05 87 08 08 41
Num de poste : 38 41
Accueil : <a moz-do-not-send="true" dir="ltr" href="tel:05%2087%2008%2008%2000" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="19">05 87 08 08 00
Web : http://www.unilim.fr/

Eric Trezel