Amd microcode

trentasis
Hi,

I was using thinstation 5.4 and is working ok, now I have to make a new install and I have detected that amd-microcode package (https://github.com/Thinstation/thinstation/blob/5.4-Stable/ts/ports/binary-core/amd-microcode/Pkgfile) is reporting an error with download url (http://www.amd64.org/microcode/amd-ucode-latest.tar.bz2)
I have checked thinstation 5.5 and seems that this package has been deleted, I'm not sure if this is a temporary problem with url or this packages can be ignored with thinstation 5.5 or 5.4 and we can work without this

Re: Amd microcode

Michael K-2
The amd-ucode is part of the linux kernel firmware and has been for a while now.  The one at the link is old.
The /ts/ports/binary-core/amd-ucode can be safely removed on most current TS, probably including 5.4.
Unless you were specifically calling out a firmware line for a ucode in your build, an all-firmware build was grabbing it from the main firmware directory.