Autologin ICA

Nils Dittmers
Hi everybody,

I just build my first thinstation client. I create my own image and setup my
Citirx ica connection. So everything seems to work perfect except for one
thing. Since multiple users are working with the terminal I want to have an
auto login to the Citrix server, otherwise it would end up in a post-it on
the monitor. If I connect to the cCtrix server with the thinstation I get
the Windows Server 2003 login dialog. Is that correct, or has it to be a
Citirx logon screen? The problem is that the login information is not
entered automatically. I even tried only the username, but the dialog is
always blank. Below you find the config file for my client. Hope somebody
can find my mistake.

Best regards

Nils

# If you only have one session, it is a good idea to uncomment this line:
AUTOSTART=On

# Impreglon ICA Session
SESSION_0_TITLE="Impreglon Citrix"
SESSION_0_TYPE=ica
SESSION_0_ICA_SERVER=citrix.server.de
SESSION_0_ICA_APPLICATION_SET="WTS Desktop"
SESSION_O_ICA_OPTIONS="-username donald -clearpassword mcronald"

AUDIO_LEVEL=67
KEYBOARD_MAP=de
#TIME_ZONE="UTC-12:30"
RECONNECT_PROMPT=On

#SCREEN_RESOLUTION="800x600"
SCREEN_RESOLUTION="1024x768"

SCREEN_COLOR_DEPTH="24"

SCREEN_HORIZSYNC="30-64"
SCREEN_VERTREFRESH="56-87"

#SCREEN_X_FONT_SERVER=192.168.1.2:7100

SCREEN_BLANK_TIME=30
SCREEN_STANDBY_TIME=30
SCREEN_SUSPEND_TIME=0
SCREEN_OFF_TIME=0

#MOUSE_PROTOCOL=PS/2
MOUSE_DEVICE=/dev/input/mice
MOUSE_RESOLUTION=10
#X_NUMLOCK=Off

#ICA_USE_SERVER_KEYBOARD=Off
#ICA_BROWSER_PROTOCOL=HTTPonTCP
#ICA_SERVER=
#ICA_ENCRYPTION=Basic
ICA_COMPRESS=Off
ICA_AUDIO=Off
#ICA_AUDIO_QUALITY=Low
ICA_PRINTER=Off
#ICA_SEAMLESS_WINDOW=Off
ICA_WFCLIENT_CLIENTDRIVE="Off"

RE: Autologin ICA

Boštjan Berglez-2
Hi,

you are missing the domain under ica options !

Check my settings:
SESSION_0_TYPE=ica
SESSION_0_ICA_APPLICATION_SET="Desktop"
SESSION_0_ICA_OPTIONS="-username donald -clearpassword qwak -domain disney"

_________________

KOLEKTORGROUP

Boštjan Berglez
IT Department
sistemski administrator

FMR d.d.
Arkova ulica 43, p.o.box 63
SI-5280 Idrija, Slovenia
phone: +386 5 37 50 311
fax: +386 5 37 50 150
[hidden email]
www.kolektor.si

RE: Autologin ICA

Boštjan Berglez-2
What thinstation version do you use? I tried this in 2.0.2 and it works, but
haven't tried this in next releases. In 2.0.2 the Citrix client version was
8 and changed with version 9 in next releases. Maybe this is the problem?

I will check tomorrow and will let you know.

Bostjan

i tried this also but no luck. I don't get an error like "password
incorrect" or something. Just a blank login box.

Nils

RE: Autologin ICA

Boštjan Berglez-2
 Definetly works on 2.1.3. Tried this morning.

SESSION_0_TYPE=ica
SESSION_0_ICA_APPLICATION_SET="Desktop"
SESSION_0_ICA_OPTIONS="-username testuser -clearpassword testpassword -domain yourdomainname"
SESSION_0_TITLE="Citrix Produkcija"
SESSION_0_SCREEN=1
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=ON

Bostjan

_________________

KOLEKTORGROUP

Boštjan Berglez
IT Department
sistemski administrator

FMR d.d.
Arkova ulica 43, p.o.box 63
SI-5280 Idrija, Slovenia
phone: +386 5 37 50 311
fax: +386 5 37 50 150
[hidden email]
www.kolektor.si

I'm using the 2.1.3. If I find time I will try 2.0.2 today.

Nils