Bay Trail Z3735F

quentin
Has anyone had any success installing thinstation on a BayTrail Z3735F? The Intel Compute stick uses 32 bit UEFI on a 64 bit cpu. I have tried but am not knowledgeable enough to do it. The performance of this chip in windows using RDP is very good for the price. With the Pipo X7, and Wintel W8 having a ethernet jack, these would be awesome cheap thinclients with good performance.

Re: Bay Trail Z3735F

Don Cupp
prt-get install preloader
prt-get install gummiboot

Add gummiboot as the last bootloader in build.conf, and build with the standard SMP kernel. No sound or wifi.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: Bay Trail Z3735F

quentin
Don
Thank you. Linuxium on his G+ website has the patches for Blue tooth, WIFI, and sound. He has had the wifi and sound going but blue tooth was missing. He just posted it last week. The 4.1 kernel works much better than previous ones. There is a lot more tweeking done for the Z3735f. Tests are showing that with the 4.1 video play back is as good as windows installed on it. I so wish we could buy these with a thin client image installed. I got one of these pipo x7s for $105 US. I even loaded up quickbooks pro 2013, no its not a power house but ran well enough that my wife wanted one for her desk. small footprint. Thank you again
Quentin

Re: Bay Trail Z3735F

quentin
Don
I tried to reinstall Thinstation on a drive and now can no longer download gummiboot. Is there a new alternative? or a way to install it?
Quentin

Re: Bay Trail Z3735F

quentin
Don
If you make an update, I would like to ask for a wish. Would you please add the following to the beelink machine buiild?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99O3A0dDe67emhiejZoOVMyOUE/edit
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99O3A0dDe67NG9YVG1DSjY2TG8/edit
These files are from Ian Morrison (Linuxium). They are patches to give audio, wifi, and bluetooth to the z3735f. He talks about them here
https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/NbzdvRGUBdG?pid=6168683950121263202&oid=109451178006683865932
and here.
https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/WRka6ZNqL3C
I abandoned the Pipo X7. I could not set the bios to boot a USB by itself without having to enter the boot menu everytime. I have found that the Beelink M808 is a very ideal thinclient. Bios works correctly, has a monitor mounting bracket, hdmi cable and power supply for 90 US dollars.  works great but atleast needs audio. When using the all modules build, the Ethernet jack does work.
Thank you for all your hard work, you have an awesome distro.
Quentin

saw where you updated the systemd. Thank you. cant wait to try it when I get home.
Quentin

Re: Bay Trail Z3735F

quentin
Don
First Refind works great. boots good. should I be using, 5.4 or 6.0? second do I use smp or the up kernel for the z3735f?