Booting Citrix Desktop on startup

gabrielcirtwell
I've been doing lots of research and experimenting with Thinstation and so far so well.  Now I want to have the Thinstation boot Citrix on startup and launch a desktop which would then prompt the user to log in to the desktop.  These are my session settings in the thinstation.conf.buildtime:

ICA_USE_SERVER_KEYBOARD=Off
ICA_BROWSER_PROTOCOL=HTTPonTCP
ICA_SERVER=https://myserver
ICA_ENCRYPTION=Basic
ICA_COMPRESS=On
ICA_AUDIO=On
ICA_AUDIO_QUALITY=High
ICA_PRINTER=Off
ICA_SEAMLESS_WINDOW=Off

SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=On
SESSION_0_TITLE="CITRIX"
SESSION_0_TYPE=ica
SESSION_0_ICA_APPLICATION_SET="DesktopName" (obviously not the correct name)

However, when I boot the client I get "File not found "CITRIX"".  When I comment out the title I get "File not found "DesktopName".  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or is there a better way to do this?

My network admin and I were hoping there was a way to do passthrough authentication.  Does anyone know if thinstation will let you prompt a login box on startup and pass the credentials through to a Citrix desktop?

Re: Booting Citrix Desktop on startup

Michael K-2
You're using Store Front (based on your https URL), which is not the same as an ica type (which is a direct resource - like a .ica file that gets sent when you select something in the store front).
You want an ica_wfc type which starts the self service tool.

You'll want something like:
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=On
SESSION_0_TITLE="CITRIX"
SESSION_0_TYPE=ica_wfc
SESSION_1_TYPE=ica

You'll probably find that pre-configuring Store Front doesn't work.  If you search the list you'll find someone who configures using storebrowse.

You could also launch Firefox (or maybe Chrome) with the store URL.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 3:47 PM, gabrielcirtwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you much!  The ica_wfc is definitely what I was looking for.  I'll do some research on where/how to store the storefront and then figure out how to launch the desktop I'm looking for.

I will start with testing /thinstation/build/packages/ica/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/config/StoreCache.ctx-template and then just deleting the -template from the name.

Thank you again and I'll keep you up to date.

Re: Booting Citrix Desktop on startup

gabrielcirtwell
So I found that the StoreCache.ctx-template is what I have to edit to connect to the correct storefront server on startup.  However, now I need it to have a log in box pop up and then launch the XDesktop.  Would you know how to do this?  The template looks like this just in case you don't know:

<StoreCache>
         <DefaultStore>https://myserver</DefaultServer>
         <ReconnectOnLogon>True</ReconnectOnLogon>
         <ReconnectOnLaunchOrRefresh>True</ReconnectOnLaunchOrRefresh>
         <SharedUserMode>True</SharedUserMode>
         <SelfSelection>False</SelfSelection>
         <VisibleStores></VisibleStores>
</StoreCache>

I was thinking that there could potentially be a line I could add something like "DefaultApplication" or maybe another file I could edit to launch the Desktop right after logon.  Know of anything?

Re: Booting Citrix Desktop on startup

subsequent
Did you ever solve this? Or did you go for a browser solution instead?

Re: Booting Citrix Desktop on startup

gabrielcirtwell
I did get this solved to up to a point.

Upon booting the ica_wfc is launched full screen and has a "Log On" button to click.  Then you enter credentials and hit "Log In" on that prompt.  After then you see the published apps that you can boot from (since we are a college and testing the student environment there is only 1 and it's a desktop).

I've become busy and haven't had the time to dive more into how to get the desktop to auto-launch after entering credentials.

Is there anything I could help you with?  I've been keeping a bunch of notes and can always just turn my machine back on and review what I have.