Quantcast

Can't get global configuration file! Using default config

Can't get global configuration file! Using default config

McHenry
hi all,

I have a number of machines working with thin station, created machine profiles etc and all works well.

I have a new machine a HP Compaq dc7900 which is not starting. At boot time it reports:

Can't get global configuration file! Using default config
Will continue boot in 5 seconds...
Hosts file not found!
Getting configuration file for hostname ...Not Found
Getting configuration file for IP address ...Not Found
Getting configuration file for MAC address ...Not Found
pkg - profile_setup - session -
Error, no valid session type!!!
Boot aborted, please check your thinstation config files are correct
login: root (automatic login)
(none):~#

I am confused as the other thin clients are working correctly. The new workstation has an entry in the hosts file with a group config file as per the others.

I have all modules enabled, have rebuilt and am waiting to make a machine profile...

Re: Can't get global configuration file! Using default config

Don Cupp
Henry,

what is the output of
lspci -k

On Sunday, September 4, 2016 6:10 PM, Henry McLaughlin <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thin client

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Henry McLaughlin
Hi Don, on the thinstation machine that acts as the tftp server or on the client that is failing to boot?

On 6 September 2016 at 01:21, Don Cupp <<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:doncuppjr@yahoo.com" target="_blank" href="javascript:return">doncuppjr@...> wrote:
Henry,

what is the output of
lspci -k

On Sunday, September 4, 2016 6:10 PM, Henry McLaughlin <<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:henry@incred.com.au" target="_blank" href="javascript:return">henry@...> wrote:

[...]

Should fit on one screen, just take a good picture.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Henry McLaughlin

On 6 September 2016 at 06:25, Don Cupp <<a rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:doncuppjr@yahoo.com" target="_blank" href="javascript:return">doncuppjr@...> wrote:
[...]

hi Don, I hope this is OK. If not let me know and take another.

On 6 September 2016 at 13:22, Don Cupp <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

20160907_092242.jpg (8M) Download Attachment