Quantcast

Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

julek123
 Hi all,

 is it planned to integrate the Citrix Receiver for Linux (v12) into Thinstation?

 Greeting Julek

Re: Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Mike Eriksen-2
On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM, julek <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  is it planned to integrate the Citrix Receiver for Linux (v12) into
> Thinstation?

Isn't it already? I think so. Otherwise you need to be a LOT more specific.

Mike

>  Greeting Julek

Operator of the Danish TS-O-Matic.
http://thinstation.org
Thinstation consultant for hire - payable via PayPal

Re: Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Already done, like months ago.

is it planned to integrate the Citrix Receiver for Linux (v12) into
Thinstation?

Greeting Julek

Re: Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Jaap-Willem.Dooge
But sadly not working as it should, see my mail from 5 days ago.

Does someone have an idea about this?

Greetings,

Jaap-Willem Dooge

From:        Don Cupp <[hidden email]>
To:        "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Date:        11-04-2012 01:16

Already done, like months ago.

Re: Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Tobias Paepke-3
Have to mention it is working in other setups...
have you tried a build from the tar.gz or from the actual git? maybe a current commit broke something.

From:        Don Cupp [hidden email]
To:        [hidden email] [hidden email]
Date:        11-04-2012 01:16

Already done, like months ago.

[Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Hi all,

is it planned to integrate the Citrix Receiver for Linux (v12) into
Thinstation?

Greeting Julek
Nabble.com.

tobiasPAEPKE
Hauptstrasse 53
77716 Haslach

Tel   : 07832 975876
Fax   : 07832 975877
Mobile: 0160 7158032
[hidden email]
http://www.paepke.net
Ust-Id: DE263297486

Re: Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Jaap-Willem.Dooge
Actual git, but i also tried it with a git copy from a month ago and a few older ones.
When using for example IceWM, it's working, but not as SESSION_0 sadly.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jaap-Willem Dooge
Xella ServiceDesk Vuren, NL

From:        Tobias Paepke <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        11-04-2012 13:27

Have to mention it is working in other setups...
have you tried a build from the tar.gz or from the actual git? maybe a current commit broke something.

Am 11.04.12 11:54, schrieb
[hidden email]:
But sadly not working as it should, see my mail from 5 days ago.

Does someone have an idea about this?

Greetings,

Jaap-Willem Dooge

From:
Don Cupp <doncuppjr@...>
To:
[hidden email] [hidden email]
Date:
11-04-2012 01:16
Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Already done, like months ago.

[Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Hi all,

is it planned to integrate the Citrix Receiver for Linux (v12) into
Thinstation?

Greeting Julek
Nabble.com.

tobiasPAEPKE
Hauptstrasse 53
77716 Haslach

Tel   : 07832 975876
Fax   : 07832 975877
Mobile: 0160 7158032
tobias.paepke@...
http://www.paepke.net
Ust-Id: DE263297486

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Actual git, but i also tried it with a git copy from a month ago and a few
> older ones.
> When using for example IceWM, it's working, but not as SESSION_0 sadly.

Come forward with some relevant debug information. "It doesn't work"
goes nowhere. It's very likely that the sample config files are
outdated - I think they mostly are from ICA 7, maybe 8. But unless
somebody contributes some relevant info nothing happens. This is how a
OSS community work. It survives on intelligent user input.

Mike

> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Jaap-Willem Dooge
> Xella ServiceDesk Vuren, NL
>

> From:        Tobias Paepke <[hidden email]>
> To:        [hidden email]
> Date:        11-04-2012 13:27
> Subject:        Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0
> ________________________________
>

> Have to mention it is working in other setups...
> have you tried a build from the tar.gz or from the actual git? maybe a
> current commit broke something.
>
> Am 11.04.12 11:54, schrieb [hidden email]:
> But sadly not working as it should, see my mail from 5 days ago.
>
> Does someone have an idea about this?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jaap-Willem Dooge
>

> From:        Don Cupp <[hidden email]>
> To:        "[hidden email]"
> <[hidden email]>
> Date:        11-04-2012 01:16
> Subject:        Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0
> ________________________________
>

> Already done, like months ago.
>
> ________________________________

Michael K-2
All,

I helped Don redo some of the Citrix configuration stuff in TS5. In particular, it uses the wfclient.ini from the installed version of Citrix. The only one I didn't have a chance to really work on was the appsrv.ini.tpl file, but found it to work reasonably well as is.

Jaap-Willem, I'm interested in seeing what errors are in the /var/log/boot.log file with and without your patches. It sounds like your appsrv.ini and wfclient.ini aren't being generated properly, as the data you patched in should be there. Maybe I got something wrong when I attempted to handle locale properly in the config files. Knowing what your thinstation.conf.buildtime looks like would help too, at least some generic details about what options you included for ICA.

Thanks,
Michael

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Mike Eriksen <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Actual git, but i also tried it with a git copy from a month ago and a few
> older ones.
> When using for example IceWM, it's working, but not as SESSION_0 sadly.

Come forward with some relevant debug information. "It doesn't work"
goes nowhere. It's very likely that the sample config files are
outdated - I think they mostly are from ICA 7, maybe 8. But unless
somebody contributes some relevant info nothing happens. This is how a
OSS community work. It survives on intelligent user input.

Mike

> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Jaap-Willem Dooge
> Xella ServiceDesk Vuren, NL
>

> From:        Tobias Paepke <[hidden email]>
> To:        [hidden email]
> Date:        11-04-2012 13:27
> Subject:        Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0
> ________________________________
>

> Have to mention it is working in other setups...
> have you tried a build from the tar.gz or from the actual git? maybe a
> current commit broke something.
>
> Am 11.04.12 11:54, schrieb [hidden email]:
> But sadly not working as it should, see my mail from 5 days ago.
>
> Does someone have an idea about this?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jaap-Willem Dooge
>

> From:        Don Cupp <[hidden email]>
> To:        "[hidden email]"
> <[hidden email]>
> Date:        11-04-2012 01:16
> Subject:        Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0
> ________________________________
>

> Already done, like months ago.
>
> ________________________________

Mike,
See my earlier mail, the problems are described in detail there.
Will also provide boot.log asap.

Michael,

The contents of appsrv.ini.tpl in /ts/5.0/packages/ica/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/config :

[root@TS_chroot]/ts/5.0/packages/ica/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/config# cat appsrv.ini.tpl
[$ICAX_TITLE]
Description=$ICAX_TITLE
WinStationDriver=ICA 3.0
TransportDriver=TCP/IP
DoNotUseDefaultCSL=On
LocHttpBrowserAddress=$ICAX_SERVER
LocTCPBrowserAddress=$ICAX_SERVER
EncryptionLevelSession=$ICAX_ENCRYPTION
Compress=$ICAX_COMPRESS
ICASOCKSProxyPortNumber=1080
ICASOCKSProxyHost=
ICASOCKSTimeout=5000
ICASOCKSProtocolVersion=-1
AudioBandwidthLimit=$ICAX_AUDIO_QUALITY
ClientAudio=$ICAX_AUDIO
UseDefaultSettingForColormap=Yes
ZLMouseMode=2
ZLKeyboardMode=2
NoWindowManager=True
UseFullScreen=Yes
InitialProgram=$ICAX_INITIAL_PROGRAM
Address=$ICAX_APPLICATION_SET
TWIMode=$ICAX_SEAMLESS_WINDOW
DisableCtrlAltDel=$ICAX_DISABLECTRLALTDEL

Does not have the [ApplicationServers] part in.

Also there is no wfclient template file, so there are a lot of missing fields (and even a required one, the keyboard map, see other mail).

Will provide boot.log soon(tm) when i have my hands on my test machines.

Greetings,

Jaap-Willem Dooge

From:        Michael K <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        11-04-2012 16:01

tobias.paepke@...>
> To:
[hidden email]
> Date:        11-04-2012 13:27
> Subject:        Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0
> ________________________________
>

> Have to mention it is working in other setups...
> have you tried a build from the tar.gz or from the actual git? maybe a
> current commit broke something.
>
> Am 11.04.12 11:54, schrieb
[hidden email]:

doncuppjr@...>
> To:        "
[hidden email]"
> <
[hidden email]>

akbieszka@...>

http://p.sf.net/sfu/Boundary-dev2dev

tobias.paepke@...

http://www.paepke.net
> Ust-Id: DE263297486

Operator of the Danish TS-O-Matic.
http://thinstation.org
Thinstation consultant for hire - payable via PayPal

Re: Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Michael K-2
Jaap-Willem,

The appsrv.ini file in ~/.ICAClient is generated by combining the ICAClient/config/appsrv.ini (which has the ApplicationServers part) with the processed version of appsrv.ini.tpl. wfclient.ini is generated directly from ICAClient/config/wfclient.ini.
Does your /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/config directory contain appsrv.ini or wfclient.ini? If not, the Citrix installer may have failed somewhere.
- Michael

From:        Michael K <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        11-04-2012 16:01

All,

I helped Don redo some of the Citrix configuration stuff in TS5. In particular, it uses the wfclient.ini from the installed version of Citrix. The only one I didn't have a chance to really work on was the appsrv.ini.tpl file, but found it to work reasonably well as is.

Jaap-Willem, I'm interested in seeing what errors are in the /var/log/boot.log file with and without your patches. It sounds like your appsrv.ini and wfclient.ini aren't being generated properly, as the data you patched in should be there. Maybe I got something wrong when I attempted to handle locale properly in the config files. Knowing what your thinstation.conf.buildtime looks like would help too, at least some generic details about what options you included for ICA.

Thanks,
Michael

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Mike Eriksen <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Actual git, but i also tried it with a git copy from a month ago and a few
> older ones.
> When using for example IceWM, it's working, but not as SESSION_0 sadly.

Come forward with some relevant debug information. "It doesn't work"
goes nowhere. It's very likely that the sample config files are
outdated - I think they mostly are from ICA 7, maybe 8. But unless
somebody contributes some relevant info nothing happens. This is how a
OSS community work. It survives on intelligent user input.

Mike

> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Jaap-Willem Dooge
> Xella ServiceDesk Vuren, NL
>

> From:        Tobias Paepke <
[hidden email]>
> To:
[hidden email]
> Date:        11-04-2012 13:27
> Subject:        Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0
> ________________________________
>

> Have to mention it is working in other setups...
> have you tried a build from the tar.gz or from the actual git? maybe a
> current commit broke something.
>
> Am 11.04.12 11:54, schrieb
[hidden email]:
> But sadly not working as it should, see my mail from 5 days ago.
>
> Does someone have an idea about this?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jaap-Willem Dooge
>

> From:        Don Cupp <
[hidden email]>
> To:        "
[hidden email]"
> <
[hidden email]>
> Date:        11-04-2012 01:16
> Subject:        Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0
> ________________________________
>

> Already done, like months ago.
>
> ________________________________
> From: julek <
[hidden email]>

[hidden email]

http://www.paepke.net
> Ust-Id: DE263297486

Operator of the Danish TS-O-Matic.
http://thinstation.org
Thinstation consultant for hire - payable via PayPal

Re: Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Jaap-Willem.Dooge
Hi Michael,

Nope, both files in /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/config do not exist.
I guess there must be something wrong in the installation script then?

Greetings,

Jaap-Willem Dooge

From:        Michael K <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        12-04-2012 14:54

[...]

From:
Michael K <ts.michaelk@...>
To:
[hidden email]
Date:
11-04-2012 16:01

[...]

thinstation.mike@...> wrote:

tobias.paepke@...>
> To:
[hidden email]
> Date:        11-04-2012 13:27
> Subject:        Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0
> ________________________________
>

> Have to mention it is working in other setups...
> have you tried a build from the tar.gz or from the actual git? maybe a
> current commit broke something.
>
> Am 11.04.12 11:54, schrieb
[hidden email]:

doncuppjr@...>
> To:        "
[hidden email]"
> <
[hidden email]>

akbieszka@...>

tobias.paepke@...

http://www.paepke.net
> Ust-Id: DE263297486

Operator of the Danish TS-O-Matic.

http://thinstation.org
Thinstation consultant for hire - payable via PayPal

Re: Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Michael K-2
The install script in ica/build/install actually runs the installer within the Citrix download.
You can try the 'build --removeall' followed by a 'build' and pay attention to the output when Citrix is installed.
Do you have a different locale set within the build environment?
What version of Citrix are you installing?
- michael

From:        Michael K <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        12-04-2012 14:54

[...]

From:
Michael K <[hidden email]>
To:
[hidden email]
Date:
[...]

[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM,  <
[hidden email]> wrote:
> Actual git, but i also tried it with a git copy from a month ago and a few
> older ones.
> When using for example IceWM, it's working, but not as SESSION_0 sadly.

Come forward with some relevant debug information. "It doesn't work"
goes nowhere. It's very likely that the sample config files are
outdated - I think they mostly are from ICA 7, maybe 8. But unless
somebody contributes some relevant info nothing happens. This is how a
OSS community work. It survives on intelligent user input.

Mike

> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Jaap-Willem Dooge
> Xella ServiceDesk Vuren, NL
>

> From:        Tobias Paepke <
[hidden email]>
> To:
[hidden email]
> Date:        11-04-2012 13:27
> Subject:        Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0
> ________________________________
>

> Have to mention it is working in other setups...
> have you tried a build from the tar.gz or from the actual git? maybe a
> current commit broke something.
>
> Am 11.04.12 11:54, schrieb
[hidden email]:
> But sadly not working as it should, see my mail from 5 days ago.
>
> Does someone have an idea about this?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jaap-Willem Dooge
>

> From:        Don Cupp <
[hidden email]>
> To:        "
[hidden email]"
> <
[hidden email]>
> Date:        11-04-2012 01:16
> Subject:        Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0
> ________________________________
>

> Already done, like months ago.
>
> ________________________________
> From: julek <
[hidden email]>

[hidden email]

http://www.paepke.net
> Ust-Id: DE263297486

Operator of the Danish TS-O-Matic.

http://thinstation.org
Thinstation consultant for hire - payable via PayPal

Re: Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0

Jaap-Willem.Dooge
Version:
linuxx86-12.0.0.189834.tar.gz

Removeall:
[root@TS_chroot]/ts/5.0# ./build --removeall
Checking for required commands... OK
Using the 3.2.11TS Kernel
All commerical binaries removed, quitting.

Build:
[...]
INSTALLING ICA
ICA is not installed, we need to setup binary file.
This only needs to be done once.

Continue? (Y/N)

[...] (extracting)

Running the ICA insaller.
You will need to punch these keys manually.
Choose 1 to install and then accept the default location.
Choose y to the next 2 questions.
Choose 1 to accept the ICA license.
Choose y for the next 3 questions.
Choose 3 to exit.

Don't worry about the errors. :)

Press [Enter] key to start ICA installer

Select a setup option:

 1. Install Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0.0
 2. Remove Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0.0
 3. Quit Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0.0 setup

Enter option number 1-3 [1]: 1

Please enter the directory in which Citrix Receiver for Linux is to be installed.
[default /opt/Citrix/ICAClient]
or type "quit" to abandon the installation:

The parent directory /opt/Citrix does not exist.
Do you want to create it? [default y]:

You have chosen to install Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0.0 in /opt/Citrix/ICAClient.

Proceed with installation? [default n]: y

CITRIX(R) LICENSE AGREEMENT

Use of this component is subject to the Citrix license covering the
Citrix product(s) with which you will be using this component. This
component is only licensed for use with such Citrix product(s).

This component includes FFmpeg, which is licensed exclusively under
the LGPLv2.1 at http://ffmpeg.org/legal.html.

CTX_code EP_T_A34320

Select an option:

 1. I accept
 2. I do not accept

Enter option number 1-2 [2]: 1
Installation proceeding...

Checking available disk space ...

        Disk space available 4844300 K
        Disk space required 9828 K

Continuing ...
Creating directory /opt/Citrix/ICAClient
Core package...
Setting file permissions...
Integrating with browsers...
Browsers found.

Integration complete.
Do you want to integrate Citrix Receiver with KDE and GNOME? [default y]:
Do you want GStreamer to use the plugin from this client? [default y]:
Do you want to install USB support? [default n]: y
 * Starting Citrix USB daemon [ OK ]

Select a setup option:

 1. Install Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0.0
 2. Remove Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0.0
 3. Quit Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0.0 setup

Enter option number 1-3 [3]: 3

Quitting Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0.0 setup.
 * Stopping Citrix USB daemon [ OK ]

ica Setup complete

Adding Packages to Filetree
[...]

No different locale set

Weird enough, after rebuild the structure of the ICA-folder is completely different, so it seems something in the ICA install failed indeed.
I'm going to test this tomorrow, thanks!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jaap-Willem Dooge
Xella ServiceDesk Vuren, NL

From:        Michael K <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        12-04-2012 15:17

The install script in ica/build/install actually runs the installer within the Citrix download.
You can try the 'build --removeall' followed by a 'build' and pay attention to the output when Citrix is installed.
Do you have a different locale set within the build environment?
What version of Citrix are you installing?
- michael
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Michael,

Nope, both files in /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/config do not exist.

I guess there must be something wrong in the installation script then?

Greetings,

Jaap-Willem Dooge

From:
Michael K <ts.michaelk@...>
To:
[hidden email]
Date:        12-04-2012 14:54

[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From:
Michael K <ts.michaelk@...>
To:
[hidden email]
Date:
11-04-2012 16:01
[...]

thinstation.mike@...> wrote:

tobias.paepke@...>
> To:
[hidden email]
> Date:        11-04-2012 13:27
> Subject:        Re: [Thinstation-general] Citrix Receiver for Linux 12.0
> ________________________________
>

> Have to mention it is working in other setups...
> have you tried a build from the tar.gz or from the actual git? maybe a
> current commit broke something.
>
> Am 11.04.12 11:54, schrieb
[hidden email]:

doncuppjr@...>