Citrix XenApp

Paolo Ghidini

Good afternoon everyone, i searched in the mailing list and on google but i didn’t found very clear information for my environment:

-              Xendesktop 7.7

-              Storefront

-              Desktop pubblished

I have 40 thin client (hp t5550) and i want that all client boots with pxe and then start automatically the citrix desktop session and a user can login.

It’s possible or can i only use a firefox session for citrix web receiver?

Thank you very much

Ghido

R: Citrix XenApp

Paolo Ghidini

Thanks Don, but someone can help me about the configuration?

Because i use this in my thinstation.con.buildtime but doesn’t start the session:

SESSION_0_TITLE="Desktop"

SESSION_0_ICA_APPLICATION_SET="Desktop”

SESSION_0_ICA_SERVER=citrix.mydomain.com

SESSION_0_TYPE=ica

SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=On

SESSION_0_ICON=Off

SESSION_0_ICA_APPSRV_USEFULLSCREEN=On

SESSION_0_ICA_APPSRV_SSLEnable=Off

Thank you

Ghido

Re: R: Citrix XenApp

Don Cupp
I would think you would start Firefox with a portal homepage.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 8:03 AM, Paolo Ghidini <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Don, but someone can help me about the configuration?

Because i use this in my thinstation.con.buildtime but doesn’t start the session:

SESSION_0_TITLE="Desktop"

SESSION_0_ICA_APPLICATION_SET="Desktop”

SESSION_0_ICA_SERVER=citrix.mydomain.com

SESSION_0_TYPE=ica

SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=On

SESSION_0_ICON=Off

SESSION_0_ICA_APPSRV_USEFULLSCREEN=On

SESSION_0_ICA_APPSRV_SSLEnable=Off

Thank you

Ghido

R: R: Citrix XenApp

Paolo Ghidini

Sorry, i would start directly with xendesktop application if it’s possible

Ghido

Re: R: R: Citrix XenApp

sf.stv1
with thinstation 5.5 we use this:

SESSION_1_ICA_TITLE="Desktop"
SESSION_1_TYPE=ica_wfc
SESSION_1_ICON=On
SESSION_1_RECONNECT_PROMPT=on
SESSION_1_AUTOSTART=on

after logging in users can add there applications ....

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 5:12 PM, Paolo Ghidini - [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sorry, i would start directly with xendesktop application if it’s possible

Ghido

Re: R: R: Citrix XenApp

Humulus
Hi Ghido,

Maybe it's possible, but I think that you have to connect directly to your citrix server, not the storefront.
I'm using this to connect to my old 4.5 farm, without using the webinterface server I have:

SESSION_1_TITLE="Desktop"
SESSION_1_TYPE=ica
SESSION_1_ICON=on
SESSION_1_AUTOSTART=off
SESSION_1_ICA_ENCRYPTION=EncRC5-40    #Set encryption level
SESSION_1_ICA_APPLICATION_SET="Desktop"   #Name of your Application
SESSION_1_ICA_APPSRV_ADDRESS=citrixfarm.company.com:1494
SESSION_1_ICA_APPSRV_AutologonAllowed=OFF
SESSION_1_ICA_APPSRV_BrowserProtocol=HTTPonTCP
SESSION_1_ICA_APPSRV_INITIALPROGRAM=#Desktop
SESSION_1_ICA_APPSRV_Domain=domainname    #your windows domain name here
SESSION_1_ICA_APPSRV_USEFULLSCREEN=On
SESSION_1_ICA_APPSRV_SSLEnable=Off    #If you can disable Encryption for XML service

I start this from XFWM4.
All my citrix servers have the same name in DNS, so round robin is used to connect to the different servers in the farm.

regards,
Ruud

Paolo Ghidini wrote
Thanks for suggestion but with this configuration i'm able to start selfservice but i need to start directly the desktop application on citrix server. It's possible? And can i start only citrix session without wfm4 session?

Thanks a lot

Ghido

Re: R: R: Citrix XenApp

Stefano Ceccherini
Hi Paolo,
you can do as Humulos suggested (that's what we are doing for most thinstation clients), but you don't get the load balancing done correctly (it just uses the dns round-robin mechanism).
If I remember correctly you could point firefox to the full application URL, so that after the authentication, it will start the desired application.
At least, I remember I did that once. But maybe it was with the Web Interface and not with the Storefront...
I think they complicated things a lot with Storefront...

Il 2017-01-20 20:20 Stefano Ceccherini ha scritto:

> Hi Paolo,
> you can do as Humulos suggested (that's what we are doing for most
> thinstation clients), but you don't get the load balancing done
> correctly (it just uses the dns round-robin mechanism).
> If I remember correctly you could point firefox to the full
> application URL, so that after the authentication, it will start the
> desired application.
> At least, I remember I did that once. But maybe it was with the Web
> Interface and not with the Storefront...
> I think they complicated things a lot with Storefront...

Hi Stefano, unfortunately i didn't tried the Humolos suggestion because
i'm was very busy.
I hope to try in the next week. I'm agree with you that without the load
balancing it's a limited configuration.
Thank you

Ghido