Cloning thinstation

Pablo Di Noto
Hello all,

I am starting with thinstation, and want to build it from scratch so I can later embed a particular piece of software into it (I plan to embed Tryton client for school admin usage).

My first step was to clone the git repository, and so far it is taking ages.

user@pablo-coreos-build:~/thinstation$ git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/Thinstation/thinstation.git -b 5.5-Stable
Cloning into 'thinstation'...
remote: Counting objects: 10037, done.
receiving objects:  80% (8047/10037), 1.08 GiB | 68.00 KiB/s

So far, 1.08gb...
My impression is that this initial pull is including source package files. Cannot tell yet, as it has not finished.
Is this normal? Or something escaped .gitignore?

Regards,
///Pablo