DevStation PXE Boot Server general question

DevStation PXE Boot Server general question

arnoldmoreno
I have built a DevStation PXE Boot Server to boot thin clients into my VMware View desktop sessions.

My question is, how many thin clients can I safely boot with the PXE Boot Server using 2vCPUs and 2GBs of RAM?

Are there any recommendations on how to scale requirements based on the amount of thin clients I would like to boot from this server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Arnold

Re: DevStation PXE Boot Server general question

Андрій Варцаб'юк

I have Centos server with same parameters. 35-40 thin clients. Have no problem. 100Mbit lan

10 бер. 2016 03:05 "arnoldmoreno" <[hidden email]> пише:
I have built a DevStation PXE Boot Server to boot thin clients into my VMware
View desktop sessions.

My question is, how many thin clients can I safely boot with the PXE Boot
Server using 2vCPUs and 2GBs of RAM?

Are there any recommendations on how to scale requirements based on the
amount of thin clients I would like to boot from this server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Arnold

Re: DevStation PXE Boot Server general question

ecoutinho
On a similar scenario, I had performance issues on the Centos stock tftp server, while booting 20 pxe clients simultaneously. Changed into atftp server, which is multi-threaded, and haven't had any issue since.

On 10-03-2016 17:11, Андрій Варцаб'юк wrote:

I have Centos server with same parameters. 35-40 thin clients. Have no problem. 100Mbit lan

10 бер. 2016 03:05 "arnoldmoreno" <[hidden email]> пише:
I have built a DevStation PXE Boot Server to boot thin clients into my VMware
View desktop sessions.

My question is, how many thin clients can I safely boot with the PXE Boot
Server using 2vCPUs and 2GBs of RAM?

Are there any recommendations on how to scale requirements based on the
amount of thin clients I would like to boot from this server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Arnold

Transform Data into Opportunity.