Quantcast

Devstation 5.5.1 on Hyper-V

Steffen Ueberschaar
Hello Don, Ich can't install Devstation 5.5.1 as a VM on Hyper-V (Server2008R2 / 2012R2) Only in VMware Player - it`s running. Converting this VM to a vhd to import for hyper-v. By Start crashed. (Devstation 5.4 - it`s running von Hyper-V, by update also crashed) Alternate: Ubuntu-Server (as VM on hyper-v) with thinstation 5.5.1 (with TFTP-Server): It`s running, but no thinstation - configig-files are reading by booting from PXE. Can you help me?

Re: Devstation 5.5.1 on Hyper-V

Don Cupp
Sounds like the kernel we are using does not like hyper-v. Ubuntu can host, but you will need to set up tftp server and light httpd manually.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, November 8, 2016, 12:29 AM, Steffen Ueberschaar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Don, Ich can't install Devstation 5.5.1 as a VM on Hyper-V (Server2008R2 / 2012R2) Only in VMware Player - it`s running. Converting this VM to a vhd to import for hyper-v. By Start crashed. (Devstation 5.4 - it`s running von Hyper-V, by update also crashed) Alternate: Ubuntu-Server (as VM on hyper-v) with thinstation 5.5.1 (with TFTP-Server): It`s running, but no thinstation - configig-files are reading by booting from PXE. Can you help me?

Re: Devstation 5.5.1 on Hyper-V

Steffen Ueberschaar
ok
I have install both (TFTPd and httpd) manualy on ubuntu-server.
on http://"ip-address" i can see the files, from pxe boot.

the log on thinstation (var/log/boot.log), i see not the discover request, also no error.
same build.conf / thinstation.conf.builtime (and ts5.4 - config files ) on devstation 5.5.1 (install on Zotac Mini-pc) the config-files working.
You can now say: use the mini-pc and all is easy!

I administrate 8 schools with PXE-Boot Thinstation (ca. 600 Clients), running with windows Server  and Foss-cloud.
I need a stable Variant with Remote administation.(also Devstation or Ubunu with PXE)

St. Ueberschaar

Re: Devstation 5.5.1 on Hyper-V

djn@digitaliservices.com
I tried running Devstation on Hyper-V and wasn't happy. I ended up installing CentOS and downloading Thinstation via git. That works like a dream. I'm more familiar with RHEL/CentOS but you can use any Debian variant you want as long as it's supported by Hyper-V and LIS.