Disable desktop icons

tgrattan
Is there a way to disable the desktop icons for sessions in Xfwm4?  I have FreeRDP auto-launching on boot with the only thing the user needs to do is type in a username/password.  If the user quits FreeRDP, the PC shuts off.  The default icon is not required however everything I've tried I can't seem to get rid of the default "MS Windows" icon on the desktop.

I've gone tried changing the icon size to 0 and text to 0, setting the ICON_MODE to manual and setting the session session_1_icon=off (a guess?).  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

- Tim Grattan

Re: Disable desktop icons

Michael K-2
I think it should be ICONMODE=manual - no underscore
What icon are you getting on the desktop?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:50 PM, tgrattan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a way to disable the desktop icons for sessions in Xfwm4?  I have
FreeRDP auto-launching on boot with the only thing the user needs to do is
type in a username/password.  If the user quits FreeRDP, the PC shuts off.
The default icon is not required however everything I've tried I can't seem
to get rid of the default "MS Windows" icon on the desktop.

I've gone tried changing the icon size to 0 and text to 0, setting the
ICON_MODE to manual and setting the session session_1_icon=off (a guess?).
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

- Tim Grattan

Re: Disable desktop icons

Eric Trezel

Hi,

I do the same, using freerdp, but with openbox, and a personal package (rds-unilim) that asks for username/password and launches freerdp (it keeps user from typing his password 2 times when you use a broker, but it has nothing to see with the issue you describe).

I only have the poff icon on the desktop (which is not really usefull, as you can shut off the PC when leaving rdp session).

E.T.

ICONMODE=MANUAL

SESSION_0_TYPE=openbox
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=on

SESSION_1_TYPE=poff
SESSION_1_TITLE="Arreter/Redemarrer"
SESSION_1_AUTOSTART=Off
SESSION_1_ICON=On

SESSION_2_TYPE=rds-unilim
SESSION_2_TITLE="RDS connection"
SESSION_2_AUTOSTART=On
SESSION_2_ICON=Off
SESSION_2_RDSSERVER=[hidden email]

Le 25/03/2017 à 21:35, Michael K a écrit :
I think it should be ICONMODE=manual - no underscore
What icon are you getting on the desktop?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:50 PM, tgrattan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a way to disable the desktop icons for sessions in Xfwm4?  I have
FreeRDP auto-launching on boot with the only thing the user needs to do is
type in a username/password.  If the user quits FreeRDP, the PC shuts off.
The default icon is not required however everything I've tried I can't seem
to get rid of the default "MS Windows" icon on the desktop.

I've gone tried changing the icon size to 0 and text to 0, setting the
ICON_MODE to manual and setting the session session_1_icon=off (a guess?).
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

- Tim Grattan

Eric Trezel
-----------
Technicien de maintenance informatique
Direction du Système d'Information
Université de Limoges
123 Av. Albert Thomas, 87060 Limoges Cedex
Tél : 05 87 08 08 41
Num de poste : 38 41
Accueil : 05 87 08 08 00
Web : http://www.unilim.fr/

Re: Disable desktop icons

tgrattan
I had an automatically created icon on the desktop that was titled "MS Windows" that I had wanted to get rid of.  I was able to get rid of the desktop icon by deleting the xml file in the menu folder in the ../packages/freerdp/lib/menu folder (and the ../packages/freerdp/build/extra/lib/menu ... wasn't sure which one it used to build the final image from).

I'm curious about this rds-unilim you've mentioned though.  Right now I have everything setup to point to a single RDS server but am planning on using RD Connection Broker to load balance between two RD Host servers.  Any info you could provide would be a huge plus for me.

Thanks :-)

- Tim Grattan