Fastboot setup

arnoldmoreno
Howdy,

First off, Don Cupp, thank you for this product!

We have setup Thinstation to PXE boot from some old machines of ours (HP7900 and HP8000).

We have unsuccessfully tried to set up Fastboot several times.

In reading many of the posts, I have seen where the lib.squash is now in the same directory with initrd and pxelinux.0.  I have also read the FASTBOOT_URL setting in thinstation.conf.buidtime is only if we want to get lib.squash from another location.

To set up Fastboot and leave the files in the same pxe/boot folder, do all I have to do is just enable the "param fastboot   true" setting in build.conf?

In doing so, on boot, I receive an error stating that it cannot find /tmp/lib.squash and the "can't run /sbin/agetty" error which continually displays.

We are beginner Linux users and have been learning our way through this boot development.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Arnold  Moreno

Northside ISD - Lead Systems Administrator

http://www.nisd.net

Re: Fastboot setup

Michael K-2
I suspect that your networking is not up in time.  I think you need to use autonet instead of networkmanager for your networking.

If not that, then I'd try setting FASTBOOT_URL just to be on the safe side.