Firefox R-kiosk options

bonne

I have a group of thin clients that I want to turn into Kiosk PCs. I now figured out how to make special configurations based on MAC addresses (thanks, Don), but now I am facing problems configuring the r-kiosk. Which options can I set – any documentation on this?

Regards, Lars.

Re: Firefox R-kiosk options

thinstation-general mailing list
Not really. R-kiosk is an external project. It is unzipped during installation, so you can look at the code and make changes. But the only option that TS supports is fullscreen or windowed.

On Monday, June 19, 2017 5:47 AM, Lars Bonnesen <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have a group of thin clients that I want to turn into Kiosk PCs. I now figured out how to make special configurations based on MAC addresses (thanks, Don), but now I am facing problems configuring the r-kiosk. Which options can I set – any documentation on this?

Regards, Lars.

Re: Firefox R-kiosk options

bonne

Any better way to get Kiosk system up and running with Thinstation?

Regards, Lars.

Re: Firefox R-kiosk options

thinstation-general mailing list
I don't know. R-kiosk always worked for me. Since Firefox 47, all add-ons must be signed, so you need to get set up for signing with Mozilla. You don't need to make your version of the addon public though, so there is that. An ESR version of FF may allow unsigned or exploded addons.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, June 19, 2017, 10:01 AM, Lars Bonnesen <[hidden email]> wrote:

Any better way to get Kiosk system up and running with Thinstation?

Regards, Lars.

Re: Firefox R-kiosk options

bonne

I am running an ESR-version. Is it possible for you to paste a thinstation.conf example of a weoking R-kiosk setup?

Regards, Lars.

Re: Firefox R-kiosk options

bonne

Ah... it needs a Window Manager... Great… Now I know.

IceWM added.. Kiosk does not kick in. If I go to AddOns, I am told that R-kiosk is signed but cannot be verified and therefor disabled

Regards, Lars.

Re: Firefox R-kiosk options

thinstation-general mailing list
Odd, internet connectivity?
Might need to set a FF pref to allow

On Monday, June 19, 2017, 11:36 AM, Lars Bonnesen <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ah... it needs a Window Manager... Great… Now I know.

IceWM added.. Kiosk does not kick in. If I go to AddOns, I am told that R-kiosk is signed but cannot be verified and therefor disabled

Regards, Lars.

Re: Firefox R-kiosk options

bonne

There are very limited internet acces son that subnet.

But I am looking into openkiosk instead. It seems to be working better. All though there are some functionality on a page that does not work with Openkiosk. I think it is because it lacks java. Java package is enabled, but do I need to do something in openkiosk to be able to use it?

Vh, Lars.