FreeRDP AutoStart 5.2 and RDS2012R2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FreeRDP AutoStart 5.2 and RDS2012R2

purkleturkle
This post was updated on .
Having trouble with getting this. Any advise would be appreciated :)

I have been trying to get this working for few days now. I have tried lots of combinations but not getting anywhere fast with the thinstation.conf.buildtime. When I run this command from terminal it works and prompts for a password as expected.

xfreerdp /sec:nla /v:remoteserver.contoso.com /u:username /d:domain

When I use any of the below thinstation.conf.buildtime, I've tried so many different ways now these are just a few. When it boots and I enter username and password it says "Click yes to reconnect."

I went by some advise to get it working in terminal first, the key for me to get that working was having the NLA option. We are running Windows Server 2012R2 Remote Desktop Services. I am using Thinstation 5.2 DevStation and booting machine from USB with ISO created in DevStation for testing purposes.

Goal - I just want thinstation to boot, prompt for username and password, end user gets RDP.

#SESSION_0_TYPE=icewm
#ICEWM_THEME=blueCrux
SESSION_0_TYPE=freerdp
SESSION_0_FREERDP_SERVER=remoteserver.contoso.com
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=on
SESSION_0_FREERDP_OPTIONS="/sec:nla /u:'' /d:domain"

or

#SESSION_0_TYPE=icewm
#ICEWM_THEME=blueCrux

SESSION_0_TITLE="FreeRDP"
SESSION_0_TYPE=FreeRDP
SESSION_0_FREERDP_OPTIONS="/sec:nla /u:'' /d:domain"
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=ON

FREERDP_SELECT_SERVER=YES

FREERDP_SERVER_0="1. IP 192.168.1.1"
FREERDP_SERVER_0_OPTIONS="/sec:nla /u:'' /d:domain"
FREERDP_KNOWN_HOST_0="192.168.1.1 ‎a1:f1:1c:71:b1:a1:bb:81:71:01:ec:1d:c0:13:cc:1a:01:1c:dc:1b"

FREERDP_SERVER_1="2. DNS remoteserver.contoso.com"
FREERDP_SERVER_1_OPTIONS="/sec:nla /u:'' /d:domain"
FREERDP_KNOWN_HOST_0="remoteserver.contoso.com ‎a1:f1:1c:71:b1:a1:bb:81:71:01:ec:1d:c0:13:cc:1a:01:1c:dc:1b"






Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FreeRDP AutoStart 5.2 and RDS2012R2

Michael K-2
I would remove the /u:'' from your options.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 1:25 PM, purkleturkle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Having trouble with getting this. Any advise would be appreciated :)

I have been trying to get this working for few days now. I have tried lots
of combinations but not getting anywhere fast with the
thinstation.conf.buildtime. When I run this command from terminal it works
and prompts for a password as expected.

/xfreedrp /sec:nla /v:remoteserver.contoso.com /u:username /d:domain/

When I use any of the below thinstation.conf.buildtime, I've tried so many
different ways now these are just a few. When it boots and I enter username
and password it says "Click yes to reconnect."

I went by some advise to get it working in terminal first, the key for me to
get that working was having the *NLA *option. We are running Windows Server
2012R2 Remote Desktop Services. I am using Thinstation 5.2 DevStation and
booting machine from USB with ISO created in DevStation for testing
purposes.

*Goal *- I just want thinstation to boot, prompt for username and password,
end user gets RDP.

#SESSION_0_TYPE=icewm
#ICEWM_THEME=blueCrux
SESSION_0_TYPE=freerdp
SESSION_0_FREERDP_SERVER=remoteserver.contoso.com
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=on
SESSION_0_FREERDP_OPTIONS="/sec:nla /u:'' /d:domain

or

#SESSION_0_TYPE=icewm
#ICEWM_THEME=blueCrux

SESSION_0_TITLE="FreeRDP"
SESSION_0_TYPE=FreeRDP
SESSION_0_FREERDP_OPTIONS="/sec:nla /u:'' /d:domain"
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=ON

FREERDP_SELECT_SERVER=YES

FREERDP_SERVER_0="1. IP 192.168.1.1"
FREERDP_SERVER_0_OPTIONS="/sec:nla /u:'' /d:domain"
FREERDP_KNOWN_HOST_0="remoteserver.contoso.com
‎a1:f1:1c:71:b1:a1:bb:81:71:01:ec:1d:c0:13:cc:1a:01:1c:dc:1b"

FREERDP_SERVER_1="2. DNS remoteserver.contoso.com"
FREERDP_KNOWN_HOST_0="remoteserver.contoso.com
‎a1:f1:1c:71:b1:a1:bb:81:71:01:ec:1d:c0:13:cc:1a:01:1c:dc:1b"
FREERDP_SERVER_1_OPTIONS="/sec:nla /u:'' /d:domain"









--
View this message in context: http://thinstation.4464.n7.nabble.com/FreeRDP-AutoStart-5-2-and-RDS2012R2-tp25803.html
Sent from the thinstation-general mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Thinstation-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-general


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Thinstation-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FreeRDP AutoStart 5.2 and RDS2012R2

Blindauer Emmanuel-2
Le 07/12/2015 18:12, Michael K a écrit :

>     xfreedrp /sec:nla /v:remoteserver.contoso.com /u:username /d:domain/

Hello
IIRC, xfreerdp, despite of named arguments, need the last argument to
*always* be the server to connect
So
xfreedrp /sec:nla /u:username /d:domain /v:remoteserver.contoso.com
should work

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Thinstation-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FreeRDP AutoStart 5.2 and RDS2012R2

purkleturkle
In reply to this post by Michael K-2
I only put the /u:'' to see if it made a difference.

I've made some progress and I have got the FreeRDP GUI working by turning of NLA on the RDS server. I have setup Thinstation/Devstation on PXE boot, I just need to test out the settings in thinstation.conf.buildtime to see if it works from there.

Should FreeRDP work with NLA, I read it supported it on the newest version?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FreeRDP AutoStart 5.2 and RDS2012R2

Michael K-2
FreeRDP supported NLA at least in the stable 1.0 series and probably further back.
But it sends all questions to a terminal, which an autostarted FreeRDP doesn't have access to.
Try VT switching and look at the /var/run/applications/freerdp.* files



On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 8:37 AM, purkleturkle <[hidden email]> wrote:
I only put the /u:'' to see if it made a difference.

I've made some progress and I have got the FreeRDP GUI working by turning of
NLA on the RDS server. I have setup Thinstation/Devstation on PXE boot, I
just need to test out the settings in thinstation.conf.buildtime to see if
it works from there.

Should FreeRDP work with NLA, I read it supported it on the newest version?




--
View this message in context: http://thinstation.4464.n7.nabble.com/FreeRDP-AutoStart-5-2-and-RDS2012R2-tp25803p25808.html
Sent from the thinstation-general mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Thinstation-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-general


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Thinstation-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FreeRDP AutoStart 5.2 and RDS2012R2

Don Cupp
Yes. I can also see how the zone info would affect this. With NLA, both the client and server might need to be speaking about time in the same way, meaning they both need to have the correct time.



On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 5:53 AM, Michael K <[hidden email]> wrote:


FreeRDP supported NLA at least in the stable 1.0 series and probably further back.
But it sends all questions to a terminal, which an autostarted FreeRDP doesn't have access to.
Try VT switching and look at the /var/run/applications/freerdp.* files



On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 8:37 AM, purkleturkle <[hidden email]> wrote:
I only put the /u:'' to see if it made a difference.

I've made some progress and I have got the FreeRDP GUI working by turning of
NLA on the RDS server. I have setup Thinstation/Devstation on PXE boot, I
just need to test out the settings in thinstation.conf.buildtime to see if
it works from there.

Should FreeRDP work with NLA, I read it supported it on the newest version?




--
View this message in context: http://thinstation.4464.n7.nabble.com/FreeRDP-AutoStart-5-2-and-RDS2012R2-tp25803p25808.html
Sent from the thinstation-general mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Thinstation-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-general


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140

_______________________________________________
Thinstation-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-general



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK
Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK.
Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment.
Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Thinstation-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FreeRDP AutoStart 5.2 and RDS2012R2

purkleturkle
Okay so if I use the below for my autostart, freerdp doesn't connect. If I use the below with the /cert-ignore option it works.

If I don't use autostart and use FREERDP from the desktop I don't have to use the /cert-ignore option and it just works. Just wondering why?

If I use /cert-name:*.contoso.com from FreeRDP desktop I get the error saying tls_connect certificate not trusted. Can I use a wildcard certificate? Is this because I haven't define the thumbprint? Can I set the FREERDP_KNOWN_HOST option in the command line to test, if so how?

xfreerdp /v:remote.contoso.com /d:domain /cert-name:*.contoso.com

SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=on
SESSION_0_TYPE=freerdp
SESSION_0_FREERDP_SERVER=remoteserver.contoso.com
FREERDP_KNOWN_HOST_0="remoteserver.contoso.com ‎b3:f7:6c:76:b9:a1:bb:82:78:07:ec:3d:c0:23:cc:0a:01:6c:dc:8b"
SESSION_0_FREERDP_OPTIONS="/d:domain"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FreeRDP AutoStart 5.2 and RDS2012R2

Michael K-2
When command line in terminal, you can answer the question it asks about whether to proceed.  When autostarting, there's no input to answer, so it defaults to no and fails.

Sorry - I don't know what to do to configure certificates.  I would assume that you might also need any root certificates as well, but not sure.

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 3:30 PM, purkleturkle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Okay so if I use the below for my autostart, freerdp doesn't connect. If I
use the below with the /cert-ignore option it works.

If I don't use autostart and use FREERDP from the desktop I don't have to
use the /cert-ignore option and it just works. Just wondering why?

If I use /cert-name:*.contoso.com from FreeRDP desktop I get the error
saying tls_connect certificate not trusted. Can I use a wildcard
certificate? Is this because I haven't define the thumbprint? Can I set the
FREERDP_KNOWN_HOST option in the command line to test, if so how?

xfreerdp /v:remote.contoso.com /d:domain /cert-name:*.contoso.com

SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=on
SESSION_0_TYPE=freerdp
SESSION_0_FREERDP_SERVER=remoteserver.contoso.com
FREERDP_KNOWN_HOST_0="remoteserver.contoso.com
‎b3:f7:6c:76:b9:a1:bb:82:78:07:ec:3d:c0:23:cc:0a:01:6c:dc:8b"
SESSION_0_FREERDP_OPTIONS="/d:domain"



--
View this message in context: http://thinstation.4464.n7.nabble.com/FreeRDP-AutoStart-5-2-and-RDS2012R2-tp25803p25830.html
Sent from the thinstation-general mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Thinstation-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-general


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Thinstation-general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-general