FreeRdp - Prompt for user /pass ?

jmair
I would like to use Thinstation as a solution for all of the student devices at my school district. My RDS servers are win2012 r2 so I believe the best solution for connectivity is FreeRDP. We do have wired and wireless devices and my age groups are 2nd graders and up so the client build needs to be locked down with no ability but to connect to the RDP servers and extremely simple with a prompt for User/Pass.

Is there a build config for this already available for me to copy/paste? Will FreeRDP allow for prompting for a user/pass?

I appreciate your time. Thank you kindly!

Re: FreeRdp - Prompt for user /pass ?

Андрій Варцаб'юк
FreeRDP allow prompt user/pass

My thinstation.conf

SESSION_0_TYPE=freerdp
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=on
SESSION_0_FREERDP_SERVER=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
SESSION_0_FREERDP_OPTIONS="-sec-nla /cert-ignore /sound /microphone /drive:USB,/mnt/usbdevice"

works good with 2012r2

Will FreeRDP allow for prompting for a user/pass?

Re: FreeRdp - Prompt for user /pass ?

jmair
Thank you for the reply!

We used a default build and thin station config. Added your thinstation.conf lines to the default/example on the devstation. When we boot to the new image though, it does not prompt for user/pass. We also get not errors, only the reconnect window.

When we manually type in the \u'user' \p'password', we are able to connect fine. We are just unable to get a prompt for user/pass similar to Remote Desktop Connection when it connects.

I'm open to suggestions.

Re: FreeRdp - Prompt for user /pass ?

Андрій Варцаб'юк

You need build image for your hardware

16 черв. 2016 19:00 "jmair" <[hidden email]> пише:
Thank you for the reply!

We used a default build and thin station config. Added your thinstation.conf
lines to the default/example on the devstation. When we boot to the new
image though, it does not prompt for user/pass. We also get not errors, only
the reconnect window.

When we manually type in the \u'user' \p'password', we are able to connect
fine. We are just unable to get a prompt for user/pass similar to Remote
Desktop Connection when it connects.

I'm open to suggestions.

Re: FreeRdp - Prompt for user /pass ?

jmair
Thank you for the ideas.

I've tried with and without NLA on the servers. I've also used the \cert-ignore flag. I've also been building more of my images test images with --allmodules for now.

Re: FreeRdp - Prompt for user /pass ?

Дмитрий Швеев