Getting global configuration from ()tftp: bad address '>'

Getting global configuration from ()tftp: bad address '>'

trentasis
Hi,

we have migrated from thinstation 2.2 to thinstation 5.4, and we detected that in some situations when we boot thinstation and tries to load config from tftp we receive an error

Example ERROR
S15network_files
Getting global configuration from ()tftp: bad address '>'
Not Found
Can't get global configuration file! Using default config
Will continue boot in 5 seconds.....
tftp: bad address '>'

Hosts file not found!

Getting configuration for hostname ...tftp: bad address '>'
Not Found

Getting configuration for IP address ...tftp: bad address '>'
Not Found

Getting configuration for MAC address ...tftp: bad address '>'
Not Found

tftp: bad address '>'
S16hdupdate

Same computer if you try after some retries then works, with same environment, hardware, network... and then works
Example working with same environment

S15network_files
Getting global configuration from (194.0.100.58)M./ts/deploy_conf/thi 100% |*******************************|   137   0:00:00 ETAM./ts/deploy_conf/thi 100%

|*******************************|
 137   0:00:00 ETA
Ok
M./ts/deploy_conf/thi 100% |*******************************| 52328   0:00:00 ETAM./ts/deploy_conf/thi 100% |*******************************| 52328   0:00:00

ETA
Getting group configurations...
Adding group parameters for i-brth-usb
Adding group parameters for vulcan
Getting configuration for hostname ts...tftp: server error: (1) File not found
Not Found

Getting configuration for IP address 172.22.150.190...tftp: server error: (1) File not found
Not Found

Getting configuration for MAC address 0013d4f0f0f9...tftp: server error: (1) File not found
Not Found

tftp: server error: (1) File not found
S16hdupdate

I like to debug the problem but I'm not sure how to debug this problem, and not sure if problem is with dhcp or thinstation code...
where are using net_gile_alternate, and same hardware with 2.2 version was working great!

Any suggestion about how to solve this issue or debug this?

Re: Getting global configuration from ()tftp: bad address '>'

Don Cupp
Spanning tree?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, February 24, 2017, 9:24 AM, Trenta sis <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Michael K-2
Could be that you don't have the stuff for a working network connection.
Can you check if you have a configured network connection once it comes up?
Could be missing drivers or firmware.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Trenta sis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Finally, we have detected a random error with network, now we have solved this issue.

thanks for all