HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

12

HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Dave Conroy-4
Hi,

Struggling with the xorg7-openchrome driver in TS 5.22. I have about 110
hpt510 Thin Clients (Openchrome Graphics, 2GB RAM, 1ghz Processor). The
units themselves have dual display, a DVI-I and DVI-D. I have an adapter
plugged in (came with unit) and can't seem to get the openchrome driver
to fire up, just getting a blank screen. Vesa not working past 1024x768
either.

I made reference to a post here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/thinstation/mailman/message/29954379/ but was
wondering if anything has changed since then, if a new driver has been
implemented or if anyone on the list has successfully been able to use
an HPt510 Thin Client.

My configuration resides here:
build.conf - http://pastebin.com/GySGYAZQ
module.list - http://pastebin.com/gji6RHw4
thinstation.conf.buildtime - http://pastebin.com/ffaNKEpd

The necessary bits from the Xorg.log0 file are here similar to the
message I referenced above:
--
    22.726] (II) CHROME(0): ViaOutputsDetect
[    22.726] (==) CHROME(0): LVDS-0 : Digital output bus width is 12 bits.
[    22.726] (==) CHROME(0): LVDS-0 : DVI Center is disabled.
[    22.726] (==) CHROME(0): LVDS Panel will not be forced.
[    22.726] (==) CHROME(0): Panel size is not selected from config file.
[    22.726] (II) CHROME(0): Output VGA-1 has no monitor section
[    22.727] (II) CHROME(0): ViaVT162xDetect
[    22.727] (II) CHROME(0): I2C device "I2C bus 3:VT162x" registered at
address 0x40.
[    22.728] (WW) CHROME(0): Unknown TV Encoder found at I2C bus 3 40.
[    22.728] (II) CHROME(0): I2C device "I2C bus 3:VT162x" removed.
[    22.728] (II) CHROME(0): I2C device "I2C bus 1:ddc2" registered at
address 0xA0.
[    22.735] (--) CHROME(0): Test for CRT with VSYNC
[    22.736] (II) CHROME(0): EDID for output VGA-1
[    22.736] (II) CHROME(0): Output VGA-1 disconnected
[    22.736] (WW) CHROME(0): No outputs definitely connected, trying
again...
[    22.736] (II) CHROME(0): Output VGA-1 disconnected
[    22.736] (WW) CHROME(0): Unable to find connected outputs - setting
1024x768 initial framebuffer
[    22.736] (II) CHROME(0): Using default gamma of (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
unless otherwise stated.
[    22.736] (==) CHROME(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
--

In the location where I am it is difficult for me to get a DVI Cable to
test, and I'm now at the point where I'm at a standstill with what to do

--
Dave Conroy ([hidden email]) PGP: 0x386B82D2

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Don Cupp
David,

I would appear that you are having an electrical issue. Check your connector ends for bent or missing pins. Try replacing the cable and or adapter. If you have a splash screen, you can use the fbdev driver. Remove all other xorg drivers, and set the bootresolution to the resolution with which you want xorg to operate.

Best,
Don Cupp

On Friday, July 18, 2014 8:14 AM, Dave Conroy <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

BrentMTSU
Hello Dave,
Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.  I can't get the HP t510 to work either with 5.2.  I'm trying to build a lightweight workstation using ICEWM and CHROME.  It works with thinstation 5.1 and the openchrome driver.

I get the following message after boot:
The system was not able to go graphical.  This could indicate a problem missing kernel modules or Xorg drivers.

The system is going to shutdown now.

If I come up with anything, I'll be sure to post it here.

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Dave Conroy-4
Hi Brent,

Thanks for the reply - Based on your words I grabbed the 5.1 current
branch and still face the same issues with the openchrome driver not
detecting the VGA cable attached through the DVI port. I've tried it on
a handful of different t510s with different monitors, I can only get
fbdev to fire up to 1280x1024 as with Vesa. Perhaps you could assist me
with sharing the .conf and .buildtime files? Regards.

On 7/24/2014 4:57 PM, BrentMTSU wrote:

> Hello Dave,
> Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.  I can't get the HP t510
> to work either with 5.2.  I'm trying to build a lightweight workstation
> using ICEWM and CHROME.  It works with thinstation 5.1 and the openchrome
> driver.
>
> I get the following message after boot:
> *The system was not able to go graphical.  This could indicate a problem
> missing kernel modules or Xorg drivers.
>
> The system is going to shutdown now.*
>
> If I come up with anything, I'll be sure to post it here.

Dave Conroy ([hidden email]) PGP: 0x386B82D2

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Dave Conroy-4
More investigation -

modules.list puts a maximum of 1280x1024 which is why nothing above that will initialize when booting. Looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to work with this openchrome driver using modelines., and wait to see if Brent is willing to share his working config.

Fbdev follows bootresolution.

--
Dave Conroy ([hidden email]) PGP: 0x386B82D2

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

BrentMTSU
Good Morning,

My configs for HP t510 and Thinstation 5.1 using OpenChrome:

http://pastebin.com/wLYqC4FR - build.conf
http://pastebin.com/ru9Pjbv4 - thinstation.conf.buildtime
http://pastebin.com/hsrpMxqD - Xorg.1.log
http://pastebin.com/rTn7Bcad - thinstation.conf.machinename

Please note the following:
1) I only use a resolution of 1024 x 768
2) RDesktop and FreeRDP work as expected with OpenChrome.
3) Xdm will only work if DNS is functioning properly. (Probably not an OpenChrome problem.)
4) VncViewer does not work correctly!  It will connect to a remote machine, but the display is garbled.

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

BrentMTSU
For those interested, this is what I have discovered thus far.

Using 5.2:
OpenChrome does not work for HP Thin Clients t510, t5145 and t5135 (VIA Chipsets). I just get a blank screen.
According to X log, openchrome thinks nothing is connected to the vga adapter.

Vesa will work for these thin clients but the max resolution I could get is 1024 x 768.

Using 5.1:
OpenChrome does work for HP Thin Clients t510, t5145 and t5135 (VIA Chipsets) EXCEPT for vncviewer! Vncviewer connects but the screen is garbled.

Can someone tell me how to know at what level or build your thinstation environment is currently at??
For version 5.2, I went to github and downloaded the zip file. (button on right-hand side of the screen)
For version 5.1, I did a git clone a long time ago and updated a few times.  When trying to help somebody, it would be
nice if I could tell them exactly what clones I have done.

Thanks.

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Don Cupp
I have forwarded your reports onto the openchrome team. It would appear that work has mostly stopped on that driver though, so I don't know what you should expect.

Another possible workaround is to force uvesafb to use higher horizontal and vertical frequencies allowing for a higher resolution in the absence of any real EDID information. You could then use the fbdev driver for xorg.

in build.conf
fbmaxhf
fbmaxvf
fbmaxclk
fbnoedid

Best,
Don Cupp

On Monday, July 28, 2014 8:19 AM, BrentMTSU <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Michel van Horssen
BrentMTSU <brentstraight@...> writes:

> Using 5.1:
> OpenChrome does work for HP Thin Clients t510, t5145 and t5135 (VIA
> Chipsets) EXCEPT for vncviewer! Vncviewer connects but the screen is
> garbled.

Could you show me your buil.conf and thinstation.conf.buildtime?
Because every way I try on 5.1 I get the same as with 5.2 a garbled screen.

Using fbdev I can't go beyond 1280x1024 (like you).

Thnx in advance,

Michel

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Don Cupp
Michel

Looking through the VBE modes of the t5135, I see that only two modes above 1280x1024 are available.
1600x1200 and 1920x1440. If the monitor that you are plugging these into, does not also have support for those exact modes, that might explain why you are having difficulty.

Best,
Don Cupp

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:46 AM, Michel <[hidden email]> wrote:

BrentMTSU <[hidden email]> writes:

> Using 5.1:
> OpenChrome does work for HP Thin Clients t510, t5145 and t5135 (VIA
> Chipsets) EXCEPT for vncviewer! Vncviewer connects but the screen is
> garbled.

Could you show me your buil.conf and thinstation.conf.buildtime?
Because every way I try on 5.1 I get the same as with 5.2 a garbled screen.

Using fbdev I can't go beyond 1280x1024 (like you).

Thnx in advance,

Michel

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Sergio Mesquita
Hello Dave!

Do you find any solution to this one?

I have the same problem that you have.

The maximum resolution that I can use it´s 1280x1024.

I need to use 1400, but nothing seems to working.

Thanks,
Sérgio

Sergio Mesquita
Hi Don! How can I enable ssh or telnet on ThinStation? With openchrome enable, the screen became unreachable? Give me some help please? I just checked a line on logs mode "1400x900" not found mode "x" not found Thanks Sérgio

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Sergio Mesquita
Hi Don!

Please see attached file.

Thanks,
SérgioHP_T510.zip

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Don Cupp
Set the bootresolution in build.conf to the desired size. When not using openchrome, but fbdev or modesetting, Xorg takes the size of the boot framebuffer. Also, you should include via and drm modules in your build.

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 12:58 PM, Sergio Mesquita <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Don!

Please see attached file.

Thanks,
Sérgio HP_T510.zip
<http://thinstation.4464.n7.nabble.com/file/n25670/HP_T510.zip

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Sergio Mesquita
Hi Don! I try with fixed Resolution. Also doný work. I attach the two ways that I try, also build.conf. When I build, I always use ./build --allmodules. When can I include via and drm modules on build.conf? Thanks, Sérgio ThinStation.zip

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Sergio Mesquita
Hello Don!

Do you figure out anything?

I´m steal blocked on resolution screen.

I cannot have more then 1280x900.

Thanks
Sérgio

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Sergio Mesquita
Hi Don!

Can you explain how can i rollback?

Also how can I add modules to build.conf file?

Best Regards,
Sérgio

Re: HPt510 / Openchrome DVI Ports w/VGA Adapter Display Blank

Don Cupp
Edit the Pkgfile for the open chrome port, and change the version and possibly the download source, pkgmk, and then update xorg7-openchrome.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android