Hdupdate

Lars Johansen
Hi Anyone got any good howtos on hdupdate? Ive tried to getting it work, but
my problem is that it cant find the files in /mnt/disc.. etc.. actually when
i check the /mnt folder its nothing in there1

Im using 2.2 beta4

Re: Hdupdate

Andrew-157
I don't know whether I was just lucky, but it pretty much just worked for me?!

The HDUPDATE_PATH variable needs to be set to where on the SERVER the
files are, not the workstation, which I assume you're trying to do?
Theres no variable (at least in 2.1.1) for where the workstation files
should be.

I do plan to make a little howto as Trevor suggested, just not got
round to it yet :(

Andrew

On 07/09/05, Lars Johansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Anyone got any good howtos on hdupdate? Ive tried to getting it work, but
> my problem is that it cant find the files in /mnt/disc.. etc.. actually when
> i check the /mnt folder its nothing in there1

Re: Hdupdate

Lars Johansen
yeh, Im looking on the server, but it cant find where the file should be
locally (initrd)

>From: Dogers <[hidden email]>
>To: Lars Johansen <[hidden email]>
>CC: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: [Thinstation-general] Hdupdate
>Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:14:23 +0100
>
>I don't know whether I was just lucky, but it pretty much just worked for
>me?!
>
>The HDUPDATE_PATH variable needs to be set to where on the SERVER the
>files are, not the workstation, which I assume you're trying to do?
>Theres no variable (at least in 2.1.1) for where the workstation files
>should be.
>
>I do plan to make a little howto as Trevor suggested, just not got
>round to it yet :(
>
>Andrew
>
>On 07/09/05, Lars Johansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Anyone got any good howtos on hdupdate? Ive tried to getting it work,
>but
> > my problem is that it cant find the files in /mnt/disc.. etc.. actually
>when
> > i check the /mnt folder its nothing in there1

Re: Hdupdate

Andrew-157
Dont worry about the local files, HDUpdate takes care of that. If you
dont specify a path in HDUPDATE_PATH then the remote files just go in
the root