How can I setup FreeRDP to connect to Server2012 RDS

How can I setup FreeRDP to connect to Server2012 RDS

dsmith1984uk
Hi,

I work for an educational establishment. We have loads of old Dell computers that need replacing but we would prefer to turn these into Thinclients that boot to our RDS Farm.
We have one server that holds all the roles (192.168.106.27)

We have a VM with DevStation installed and I have spent 2 weeks reading many, many forum posts and trying different combinations with mixed results.

From the Devstation server I can type xfreerdp /v:192.168.106.27 /ignore-cert /d:domain /u:username /p:password and this connects directly to an RDP session.

The Devstation server is setup for a couple of test clients to PXE boot from.
So they PXE boot, then there is a Thinstation splash screen then a window that states "Click yes to reconnect".
If I click yes the box just reappears.

My thinstation.conf.buildtime is default but with these changes
SESSION_0_TITLE="Student RDS"
SESSION_0_TYPE=freerdp
SESSION_0_FREERDP_SERVER=192.168.106.27
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=on
SESSION_0_FREERDP_OPTIONS="/d:domain /ignore-cert /u:'' /p:''"
TIME_ZONE=Europle/London

Ultimately I want students to boot up these old Dells which will then boot thinstation and eventually present the students with a login screen to Server 2012 RDS.
When they logout I'd like it to automatically go back to the login screen.

Is this possible?

I can't even give my project manager any time scales for this project anymore because I've been stuck here for 2 weeks.

Re: How can I setup FreeRDP to connect to Server2012 RDS

Андрій Варцаб'юк
I use option:

SESSION_0_FREERDP_OPTIONS="-sec-nla /cert-ignore /sound "

I work for an educational establishment. We have loads of old Dell computers
that need replacing but we would prefer to turn these into Thinclients that
boot to our RDS Farm.
We have one server that holds all the roles (192.168.106.27)

We have a VM with DevStation installed and I have spent 2 weeks reading
many, many forum posts and trying different combinations with mixed results.

>From the Devstation server I can type *xfreerdp /v:192.168.106.27
/ignore-cert /d:domain /u:username /p:password* and this connects directly
to an RDP session.

[...]

Thank you very much! You have moved me closer to my goal.

Now I am presented with a login box "Preparing to run FreeRDP".
It is asking for a Server name or IP number. Why? I thought SESSION_0_FREERDP_SERVER=192.168.106.27 would have already told it this info.

There is an options field underneath containing the information you suggested SESSION_0_FREERDP_OPTIONS="-sec-nla /cert-ignore /sound"

Any suggestions how I can get it to automatically bypass this FreeRDP window and go straight to a Server 2012 login screen?

Cheers

Re: How can I setup FreeRDP to connect to Server2012 RDS

Андрій Варцаб'юк

Write your all thinstation config.
Maybe try add to option "-sec-tls". Nla is disable on win server?

17 черв. 2016 16:57 "dsmith1984uk" <[hidden email]> пише: