How do you update Google Chrome?

Mike Ferguson

I’m using 5.2 and want to update to the latest Chrome.  However, I’m running into issues. Can someone please tell me the steps for doing this?

Thanks!

Mike

Re: How do you update Google Chrome?

Don Cupp
New chrome won't work with 5.2. Update to 5.4

I’m using 5.2 and want to update to the latest Chrome.  However, I’m running into issues. Can someone please tell me the steps for doing this?

Thanks!

Mike

Re: How do you update Google Chrome?

Mike Ferguson
I see a reply on the website but never received it via email...strange.  I appreciate the response indicating the new Chrome won't work on 5.2 - however, for educational purposes can you describe the steps I would have taken?  I'm trying to learn and understand how to build and maintain images and I'm struggling with understanding everything it takes.

Thanks for your time and assistance!!
Mike

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Mike Ferguson <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’m using 5.2 and want to update to the latest Chrome.  However, I’m running into issues. Can someone please tell me the steps for doing this?

Thanks!

Mike

Re: How do you update Google Chrome?

Don Cupp
Yeah, it's no small task. Everything that has happened since 2.2, has been me learning that exact same thing......takes a while.

Anyways, upgrade glibc. Can't remember what all else had to be done to make Chrome 41+ work.