How to autostart a custom package???

Alexander Harm

Hello all,

I checked the mailing list but none of replies helped me out (I am a newbie). I created a simple package with

  • some binaries and a script in /sbin

  • I added /etc/cmd/example.global with the following content: CMD_GLOBAL="openvt -s -w /sbin/example.sh"

  • I added the following lines to my thinstation.conf.buildtime

    SESSION_1_TYPE=example
    SESSION_1_AUTOSTART=on

However, the interactive script is never executed. What am I missing???

I also tried:

  • configuring the script as console app (ended up in a loop failing to log in)

  • adding a /etc/xdg/example.desktop file (had no effect either)

  • tried to install xterm and pass the script like SESSION_1_XTERM_OPTIONS="-hold -e /sbin/example.sh" (didn’t work either)

Any hint/help is appreciated.

Re: How to autostart a custom package???

Don Cupp

Is that script the only script you need to run, for ever and ever?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 6:20 AM, Alexander Harm <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Дмитрий Швеев
Approximately so:

To create the file example/etc/init.d/example

#! /bin/sh
. $TS_GLOBAL
case "$1" in
init)
 if ! pkg_initialized $PACKAGE; then
 pkg_set_init_flag $PACKAGE
 fi
 ;;
console)
 exec /bin/example
 ;;
help)
 echo "Usage: $0 {init|console}"
 ;;
 *)
 exit 1
 ;;
esac
exit 0

or:

mkdir -p example/etc/init.d
cd example/etc/init.d
ln -s /etc/thinstation.packages example

Re: How to autostart a custom package???

Alexander Harm
Yes, that is the only script I will ever need to run (can turn X off completely?).

Regards, Alexander

27 December 2016 at 16:54

Is that script the only script you need to run, for ever and ever?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, December 27, 2016, 6:20 AM, Alexander Harm [hidden email] wrote:

  • some binaries and a script in /sbin

  • I added /etc/cmd/example.global with the following content: CMD_GLOBAL="openvt -s -w /sbin/example.sh"

  • I added the following lines to my thinstation.conf.buildtime

    SESSION_1_TYPE=example
    SESSION_1_AUTOSTART=on

However, the interactive script is never executed. What am I missing???

I also tried:

  • configuring the script as console app (ended up in a loop failing to log in)

  • adding a /etc/xdg/example.desktop file (had no effect either)

  • tried to install xterm and pass the script like SESSION_1_XTERM_OPTIONS="-hold -e /sbin/example.sh" (didn’t work either)

Any hint/help is appreciated.

Dipl.-Wi.-Ing. Alexander Harm
EDV-Systemadministrator
Deutsches Literaturarchiv Marbach
Entwicklung
Wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung
Postfach 1162
71666 Marbach am Neckar
Telefon +49 7144 848 140
Telefax +49 7144 848 154
[hidden email]
http://www.dla-marbach.de

Re: How to autostart a custom package???

Don Cupp
replace

-/sbin/agetty -c --noclear --nohints --noissue --nohostname -a root tty1 115200 linux

in /build/packages/base/etc/inittab

with the command that you want to run.