Quantcast

How to get an optimal desktop experince when booting directly into xfreerpd and connecting to Win2012R2

How to get an optimal desktop experince when booting directly into xfreerpd and connecting to Win2012R2

bonne

Hi all...

Devstation downloaded and installed. Clients are booting directly into xfreerdp and prompts for a login.

Then it logs in to the configured Windows 2012R2 RDS server (about to be updatet to 2016)

I haven't tested is thoroughly yet, but until now, I see two issues:

1) Sound is not redirected to the client. Client shows that there are no sound device

2) Flash videos have very poor performance. RDS server uses lots of CPU. I am adding more CPU's on the RDS server (and then CPU's are no longer that stressed), but still video playback is not flawless (when en full screen mode). Clients are connected to a 1Gbps network, and bandwidth seems not to be the issue. Maybe the RDP protocol is simply not good enough for this task. If so, what else to do?

I haven't actually tested USB-redirection. How to enable this?

Regards, Lars.

Re: How to get an optimal desktop experince when booting directly into xfreerpd and connecting to Win2012R2

Michael K-2
You'll need to become acquainted with the options for FreeRDP if you want to optimize it.
For example, for sound you'll want something like /sound:sys:pulse or /sound:sys:alsa depending on which sounds system you're building your image with.
I don't know much beyond that for improving performance, so good luck. I think if you browse the list history, you might find other feedback.

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Lars Bonnesen <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

This is great. Works like a charm, thanks.

If I want to redirect USB, what should I then add?

Regards, Lars.

Re: How to get an optimal desktop experince when booting directly into xfreerpd and connecting to Win2012R2

ecoutinho
USB and some other useful options:

+clipboard +auto-reconnect +fonts +aero /<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="network:lan">network:lan /sound:sys:pulse /rfx /multimedia:decoder:gstreamer /drive:USB,//mnt/usbdevice

On 10-04-2017 09:36, Lars Bonnesen wrote:

This is great. Works like a charm, thanks.

If I want to redirect USB, what should I then add?

Regards, Lars.

Re: How to get an optimal desktop experince when booting directly into xfreerpd and connecting to Win2012R2

bonne

Great – useful info.. and I can see the /rfx as well. Unfortunately (in this case) we are running VMware ESX, and as I understand, RemoteFX is not comp. with VMware

)-:

What exactly does the /multimedia:decoder:gstreamer do?

Regards, Lars.