How to install a bluetooth barcode scanner ?

How to install a bluetooth barcode scanner ?

henning
Hello,

I have got a bluetooth barcode scanner with a USB bluetooth dongle.
I have tested it on my netbook using arch linux and it works fine.

Now I want to get it work with thinstation 5.4.x.
But I can't find anything usable about bluetooth on thinstation.
No package, nothing how to integrate modules, nothing about pairing.

I get some info's when I plug in the dongle into a 5.4.3 workstation.

New USB device found, idVendor=0a5c, idProduct=21ec
New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
Product BCM20702A0
Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp

How to get it work with thinstation as human interface device?

Henning

Re: How to install a bluetooth barcode scanner ?

Michael K-2
I'm not familiar with using barcode readers on Linux, so my help will be a little limited.
It looks like this device is handled by 'btusb' so you have to have the module included.  It is possible you do not as I would expect some related log messages to appear.
There may be firmware involved.  May work without, but hard to say.  Firmware is probably proprietary and not part of Thinstation.

Start there and let us know what you get.

My next worry is whether the scanner remains paired to the USB dongle or if something has to be configured every time the system reboots.  I've successfully used some Logitech mice/keyboards with USB BT dongles without adding any pairing tools to TS.