Quantcast

How to make hostname register in DNS & DHCP (Windows Server)

How to make hostname register in DNS & DHCP (Windows Server)

CrimsonKidA
This post was updated on .
Hello,
I have setup a few test ThinStation test machines and they are working well except for one issue: the hostname does not get registered on our Windows DNS server, so there is no A record for the ThinStation client machine. The machine gets an IP from DHCP (also Windows Server) but "name" is blank there as well. How can I make the hostname get registered in DNS and DHCP? I do have the "NET_HOSTNAME" set in my Thinstation.Conf.Buildtime file, but all it is doing is setting the local hostname (ThnStn_MAC). Thank you.