ICEWM - logout

Shotton Jolyon
This menu option seems to be of no earthly use to me.

In fact it has a negative usefulness quotient.

Is there a way of configuring it out?

Is there a way of configuring it out using TS-O-Matic?

TIA

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete from your system.
Whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, you need to verify that this email and any attachments are virus-free, as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of them.

Re: ICEWM - logout

Mike Eriksen
On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Shotton Jolyon wrote:

> This menu option seems to be of no earthly use to me.
>
> In fact it has a negative usefulness quotient.
>
> Is there a way of configuring it out?
>
> Is there a way of configuring it out using TS-O-Matic?

It's fixed in the upcoming 2.2. Untill then install the blueCrux theme -
that'll fix the problem. And it is waaay less ugly than the default theme
:-/

Mike

> TIA
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete from your system.
> Whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, you need to verify that this email and any attachments are virus-free, as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of them.

Thinstation FAQ maintainer
http://thinstation.sourceforge.net
- a light, full featured linux based thin client OS

RE: ICEWM - logout

Shotton Jolyon
>> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Shotton Jolyon wrote:
>> This menu option seems to be of no earthly use to me.
>> In fact it has a negative usefulness quotient.
>> Is there a way of configuring it out?
>> Is there a way of configuring it out using TS-O-Matic?

>It's fixed in the upcoming 2.2. Untill then install the blueCrux theme
-
>that'll fix the problem. And it is waaay less ugly than the default
theme

Thanks, Mike.

I take it theme installing has to be done outside of the comfort zone of
TS-O-Matic.

Perhaps I'll wait for 2.2 - how is beta 4 going?  Do we expect an
imminent release?

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete from your system.
Whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, you need to verify that this email and any attachments are virus-free, as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of them.

Re: ICEWM - logout

TrevorB
Quoting Shotton Jolyon <[hidden email]>:

> This menu option seems to be of no earthly use to me.

It is there for when people use replimenu to fire off an icewm session. Logout
will take them back to the replimenu.

> In fact it has a negative usefulness quotient.
>
> Is there a way of configuring it out?
>
> Is there a way of configuring it out using TS-O-Matic?

As per Mikes response, BlueCrux (which is available via TS-O-Matic at his site)
fixes the shutdown option on the icewm menu (it doesn't remove the logout
option, which does nothing if you have autostarted icewm).

Trevor B

> TIA
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
> entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
> is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
> you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
> received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
> delete from your system.
> Whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, you need
> to verify that this email and any attachments are virus-free, as we can take
> no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of
> them.

RE: ICEWM - logout

Shotton Jolyon

>> This menu option seems to be of no earthly use to me.

> It is there for when people use replimenu to fire off an
> icewm session. Logout will take them back to the replimenu.

Fair enough, I suppose.  I'd seen it as an alternative to the replimenu.

> (it doesn't remove the logout option, which does nothing
> if you have autostarted icewm).

It doesn't do _nothing_ (which would be only moderately difficult to
sell)

On my build it goes to a completely blank screen - does not return to
the replimenu.

-

I'm caught between a rock and a hard place with this - I don't want a
window manager at all but I have to have one to get round the 'Bad
Cursor' problem, however I don't think anyone will be happy with a
device that has a logout option that not only doesn't make sense to them
but actually causes them problems.

Has anyone else dealt with this pair of problems?

I know there was talk of getting the EvilWM window manager working with
the ICA client the way it does for the media player package - did
anything come of that in the end?

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete from your system.
Whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, you need to verify that this email and any attachments are virus-free, as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of them.

SV: ICEWM - logout

Klaus Bech Jensen
Shotton Jolyon <mailto:[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm caught between a rock and a hard place with this - I don't want a
> window manager at all but I have to have one to get round the 'Bad
> Cursor' problem, however I don't think anyone will be happy with a
> device that has a logout option that not only doesn't make
> sense to them
> but actually causes them problems.
>
> Has anyone else dealt with this pair of problems?
>
> I know there was talk of getting the EvilWM window manager
> working with
> the ICA client the way it does for the media player package - did
> anything come of that in the end?

I have ICA and evilwm running perfectly here with 2.1rc2, but it took me quite a bit of time and some file hacking to make it so.

First I did have to make some changes in order to even get evilwm to start. I ended up having ica start it.

Then it turned out that num lock would always be off at the time of logon - so I forced it on, which worked for the first logon, but on 2nd, 4th, 6th logons (and so on) it would be off again.

I finally figured out a way to fix that (can't exactly remember how, though).

I changed

packages/ica/etc/cmd/ica.global from

CMD_GLOBAL="wfica -icaroot $ROOT/lib/ICAClient -nosplash -desc"

CMD_GLOBAL="/bin/session_0 wfica -icaroot $ROOT/lib/ICAClient -nosplash -desc -quiet"

and changed

packages/evilwm/bin/session_0 from

evilwm &
xsetroot -cursor_name left_ptr
"$@"

EVIL_PID=`pidof evilwm`
kill -9 $EVIL_PID
evilwm &
xsetroot -cursor_name left_ptr
"$@"

I'm not sure if I made any other changes - this is all I could find, off hand.

Good luck...

regards

Klaus Bech Jensen
IT-koordinator
Aaskov Kommune
Tlf. 99992300

RE: ICEWM - logout

Shotton Jolyon

> As per Mikes response, BlueCrux (which is available via
> TS-O-Matic at his site) fixes the shutdown option on the
> icewm menu (it doesn't remove the logout option, which
> does nothing if you have autostarted icewm).

Ta.

Am I right in thinking that all I need to do to remove the Logout option
is to remove the prog "Logout" section from icewm-menu?

In fact I could rename the whole menu too from that file, right?
(Doesn't make sense to have a logout menu with no logout option any more
than it does to have a logout option on something noone has logged in
to).

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete from your system.
Whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, you need to verify that this email and any attachments are virus-free, as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of them.

RE: ICEWM - logout

TrevorB
Quoting Shotton Jolyon <[hidden email]>:

> > As per Mikes response, BlueCrux (which is available via
> > TS-O-Matic at his site) fixes the shutdown option on the
> > icewm menu (it doesn't remove the logout option, which
> > does nothing if you have autostarted icewm).
>
> Ta.
>
> Am I right in thinking that all I need to do to remove the Logout option
> is to remove the prog "Logout" section from icewm-menu?

There is an option in the icewm config file (can't remember the name of the
file). It's just a line that says 'Logout=logout'. Change this to Logout="" or
# out the line.

I thought you were using TS-O-Matic (which means you can't chnage these
files....)

Trevor B

> In fact I could rename the whole menu too from that file, right?
> (Doesn't make sense to have a logout menu with no logout option any more
> than it does to have a logout option on something noone has logged in
> to).
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
> entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
> is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
> you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
> received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
> delete from your system.
> Whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, you need
> to verify that this email and any attachments are virus-free, as we can take
> no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of
> them.

TrevorB
trevorbatley_AT_users.sourceforge.net