Quantcast

Image downloading files unnecessarily during boot

Image downloading files unnecessarily during boot

emuhuron
Maybe I missed something, but how and where do I alter the thinstation package to only pull files from the network IF one file is changed and Not download and check the 4 thinstation.conf.<network, group, hosts, etc...>  that I have on the server?  Currently, it downloads the 4 thinstation files that I have on the server on every boot.  I'd like to reduce network traffic by creating a loop within a loop to only check thinstation.conf.group-A and/or specific pc.  The inner loop would then download all other files.

Brian

Re: Image downloading files unnecessarily during boot

emuhuron
Addendum:  Is it possible to check to see if new BEFORE downloading anything?  Have it look at the timestamp of the file  and compare before it does any thing else?

Brian Koch
IT Dept
City of Taylor, MI
(734) 374-1514 or Ext. 7550 (internal use)
Please have a ticket put in if you need an issue resolved.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Brian Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe I missed something, but how and where do I alter the thinstation package to only pull files from the network IF one file is changed and Not download and check the 4 thinstation.conf.<network, group, hosts, etc...>  that I have on the server?  Currently, it downloads the 4 thinstation files that I have on the server on every boot.  I'd like to reduce network traffic by creating a loop within a loop to only check thinstation.conf.group-A and/or specific pc.  The inner loop would then download all other files.

Brian

Re: Image downloading files unnecessarily during boot

Don Cupp
md5sum is great for this.
have a look at update-initrd(the thinstation version)