Intel NUC machine black screen after boot

Intel NUC machine black screen after boot

José Rocha
Hi,

I’m having problems with a image I built from Devstation for an Intel NUC 5CPYH. I use the “intel_nuc" machine profile but the screen turns black after the boot splash screen.

If I build an image with “./build —allmodules” and "extensions-x" enabled, to make a new machine profile, I still get the black screen problem, so I can’t manage to run "hwlister.sh".

Tried with the default machine “Vmware” and the screen works fine but I can’t get network and sound cards detected.

Any idea to solve this?

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Intel NUC machine black screen after boot

Martijn de Jongh
Hi,

Maybe you can try installing the DevStation image on the device and then via the menu select "DevStation" and "Make Machine Profile"

You can use this tutorial also maybe
https://github.com/Thinstation/thinstation/wiki/Machine-profiles

I myself did the default build with all hardware relevant machine modules packages enabled and run hwlister.sh The output was in the root. I copied this to my devstation in a new folder. Like in the tutorial.

Hope it helps you

Martijn

Re: Intel NUC machine black screen after boot

Андрій Варцаб'юк
Hi. Try master branch. With kernel 4.1.10 all good )

I use git and the command

git clone --depth 1 <a href="git://github.com/Thinstation/thinstation.git" rel="nofollow">git://github.com/Thinstation/thinstation.git -b master