Quantcast

Is there a system cleaning app in Thinstation?

Is there a system cleaning app in Thinstation?

emuhuron
I was wondering if there's file cleaning process at boot.  I know that Thinstation deletes files if properly shut down.  I have a few users that force the shutodwn process by holding the power button.  Wondering if there's a package that delete files at boot.  Or, line of code that can be added to Base that deletes files before package unzips at boot.

I ask this due to a couple corrupt boot-ups.  I'm thinking it's files still stuck from the previous bootup.

Brian Koch
IT Dept
City of Taylor, MI
(734) 374-1514 or Ext. 7550 (internal use)
Please have a ticket put in if you need an issue resolved.

Re: Is there a system cleaning app in Thinstation?

Don Cupp
By default, we are only in Ram. We only need Vmlinuz and initrd. These are only read, and not likely to be corrupted. Anything else, and your mileage may vary.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, March 9, 2017, 11:19 AM, Brian Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:

I was wondering if there's file cleaning process at boot.  I know that Thinstation deletes files if properly shut down.  I have a few users that force the shutodwn process by holding the power button.  Wondering if there's a package that delete files at boot.  Or, line of code that can be added to Base that deletes files before package unzips at boot.

I ask this due to a couple corrupt boot-ups.  I'm thinking it's files still stuck from the previous bootup.

Brian Koch
IT Dept
City of Taylor, MI
<a dir="ltr" href="tel:(734)%20374-1514" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="1">(734) 374-1514 or Ext. 7550 (internal use)
Please have a ticket put in if you need an issue resolved.