Latest FreeRDP not autostarting on VPN

tdo

Latest FreeRDP not autostarting on VPN

tdo
Hello,

I have updated the freerdp package from git, to get the latest
available freerdp version. The update worked without any problems.

Freerdp is enabled for autostart.

Now, when I bootup thinstation, freerdp starts, but I only get a black
screen. I have made some more tests and also enabled xfwm4 and the
terminal emulator. When I open the terminal emulator in xfwm4 and
enter the "xfreerdp" command manually, everything works perfectly.
Only the dialog-box and autostart of freerdp is not working properly.

How do I fix this, so I can use latest freerdp via autostart? Is there
any way to add my own startup script and just run "xfreerdp /v:<IP>
/f" without the dialog box?

One more important information: Somehow this problem only exists, when
I use a terminalserver, that is on my VPN. The scenario is as follows:
Thinstation is connecting via openvpn to a VPN. Then it tries to
connect to a terminalserver inside of the VPN, but I get a black
screen. But the connection to this terminal server inside the VPN is
working from command line as mentioned above, somehow.

An autostart connection to a terminalserver that is NOT in the VPN
network works without problems.

So, I don't know exactly if the problem is the VPN-connection or
freerdp, since freerdp is working from command line :/ There are no
hints in the logfiles.