Libreoffice

Mike Ferguson

The build.urls has Libreoffice 4.3.6 but that version isn’t available any longer.  I’ve tried changing the build.urls to point to a newer version (I’ve tried 4.4.5 and 5.0.2) but it doesn’t work.  The build finishes but when I boot from the new image I receive the following and the boot halts:

I’m assuming the install file is out of date but I can’t find a new one.  How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Mike

cid:image001.png@01D147F9.CDCF03A0

Re: Libreoffice

Michael K-2
I'd have to check, as I'm running new versions successfully to make sure I didn't make a local change.
My guess is that you ran out of memory.  LibreOffice grew about on the order of 100MB, so your initrd would increase at least 50% of that.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 2:44 AM, Mike Ferguson <[hidden email]> wrote:

The build.urls has Libreoffice 4.3.6 but that version isn’t available any longer.  I’ve tried changing the build.urls to point to a newer version (I’ve tried 4.4.5 and 5.0.2) but it doesn’t work.  The build finishes but when I boot from the new image I receive the following and the boot halts:

I’m assuming the install file is out of date but I can’t find a new one.  How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Mike

cid:image001.png@01D147F9.CDCF03A0

Re: Libreoffice

Mike,

LibreOffice 4.4 went up on the order of 100MB, so your initrd has gone up some.
Your error looks like what happens when you don't have enough memory to load the initrd.  Default VMware options are typically too low for a TS w/ LibreOffice build.
Pop into settings and make sure your VM has something more like 1GB of RAM

- michael