Local Storage thinstation.conf.user not being read

Local Storage thinstation.conf.user not being read

Tom Duffy-2
I'm updating an image from Thinstation 5.0 to thinstation 5.5,
ran into the following problem:

I'm booting syslinux from a USB key, that's working fine,
and the USB key is being mounted on /mnt/usbdevice/sda1,
my network settings are being restored, all good there.

checked after booting, /root has

thinstation.profile -> /mnt/usbdevice/sda1/thinstation.profile

and the USB key has
thinstation.profile/thinstation.conf.user

So this file appears at
/root/thinstation.profile/thinstation.conf.user

Problem is, this is not being read in correctly

In the base package, the ashrc start up checks for

/etc/thinstation.user,   and reads it in.

also in the base package, there is

etc/thinstation.user -> /root/thinstation.conf.user

So it looks like there is a missing "thinstation.profile"
in this symbolic link.

I'm running defaults for PREFIX, etc, but even if those
were screwy, the docs say the user settings are under
"thinstation.PREFIX"  (which is actually a suffix, but
  that's not a biggy)

Am I missing some other new setting that appeared between
5.0 and 5.5 controlling the user conf directory?

TIA,
Tom.
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and its contents, including any attachments hereto (collectively, "this e-mail"), is hereby designated as "confidential and proprietary." This e-mail may be viewed and used only by the person to whom it has been sent and his/her employer solely for the express purpose for which it has been disclosed and only in accordance with any confidentiality or non-disclosure (or similar) agreement between TEAC Corporation or its affiliates and said employer, and may not be disclosed to any other person or entity.

Re: Local Storage thinstation.conf.user not being read

Don Cupp
That link might be bad.
Looks like you want that link in base/etc to be reset to the $HOME/thinstation.$PREFIX/thinstation.user.conf
There should also be a link to $STORAGE_PATH/thinstation.$PREFIX in $HOME

On Monday, October 24, 2016 7:27 PM, Tom Duffy <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Nevermind.   I was missing a line in thinstation.conf.buildtime

This is what I have now, working:

USB_ENABLED=ON
USB_STORAGE_SYNC=ON
STORAGE_PATH=/mnt/usbdevice/sda1
USB_MOUNT_USELABEL=NO
STORAGE_CONFIG1=$STORAGE_PATH

I thought the run-time Config set-up was detected automatically,
but you need to specify at least one of STORAGE_CONFIG1..8 to
have the user config read in.

---
Tom