Quantcast

Multiple FreeRDP Sessions - No Window Manager

Multiple FreeRDP Sessions - No Window Manager

Doherty, Adam
Hello:

I am trying to understand where I am going wrong with my configuration of FreeRDP.

I've used the thinstation.conf.buildtime and build.conf.example files from /build/conf/freerdp as my starting point.

I'm trying to setup 5 FreeRDP sessions each pointing to different servers, and I'd like to be able to switch between the sessions with Ctrl-Alt-F5 to Ctrl-Alt-F9.
All sessions are enabled with SESSION_x_AUTOSTART=on and looking at the output of ps aux, I can see 5 processes running as xfreerdp console.
But I appear to only get one session, the first one.  When I try to CTRL-ALT-F6 to the next session - the screen is just blank.

My understanding of things is that I should be able to boot into multiple RDP sessions and switch between them without ever seeing a desktop environment.
I am I incorrect?

Thanks very kindly.

Re: Multiple FreeRDP Sessions - No Window Manager

emuhuron
I think it's possible with icewm instead of xfwm4.  That should allow to get multiple desktops.

Brian Koch
IT Dept
City of Taylor, MI
(734) 374-1514 or Ext. 7550 (internal use)
Please have a ticket put in if you need an issue resolved.