Quantcast

Multiple Monitors

tgrattan
I'm trying to get ThinStation up and running for a VDI setup I'm rolling out.  I've been able to work through all of the pieces of this so far with the exception of multiple monitors.

I've enabled XRANDR, I've added the configuration line that will setup multiple monitors and it works...until I load it on a different PC.  We have some older Dell Optiplex 745s & Optiplex 780s that will be used for the project.  The goal is to have the clients PXE boot a single ThinStation image.  My problem is when the display outputs move from being dual DVI to DVI and VGA (potentilly even some DP outputs).  Has anyone been able to figure out a way to configure XRANDR to use multiple monitors on differing outputs?

Thanks!

Re: Multiple Monitors

Don Cupp
Set your xrandr options to "dualhead" . Sshhhhh, super secret back door.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 8:36 AM, tgrattan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm trying to get ThinStation up and running for a VDI setup I'm rolling out.
I've been able to work through all of the pieces of this so far with the
exception of multiple monitors.

I've enabled XRANDR, I've added the configuration line that will setup
multiple monitors and it works...until I load it on a different PC.  We have
some older Dell Optiplex 745s & Optiplex 780s that will be used for the
project.  The goal is to have the clients PXE boot a single ThinStation
image.  My problem is when the display outputs move from being dual DVI to
DVI and VGA (potentilly even some DP outputs).  Has anyone been able to
figure out a way to configure XRANDR to use multiple monitors on differing
outputs?

Thanks!

Re: Multiple Monitors

J.T.
It is a little bit dirty but it works for me.
https://sourceforge.net/p/thinstation/mailman/message/34087578/