Multiple server auto login , which is the best way to implement?
Hello, i am getting mess with this thinstation configuration n so i will like to ask your advice, firstly i will explain what i need to do and what i try and than i will open mind on any suggestion thanks.
WHAT I NEED TO DO?
i have 3 REMOTE DESKTOP SERVER (SERVER A,B,C) and 6 client,
4 client will need to connect to SERVER A ,
1 client should connect to SERVER B
1 client should connect to SERVER C
All thiniclient on startup required the autoconnect and autologin to the server.
HOW I THINK TO IMPLEMENT IT?
well i have 2 strategy
1) i build the thinstation image and put on a bootable usb, on the same usb i put on thinstation.profile the file thinstation.conf.user whith different configuration of freerdp for everyclient,
2) in case usb have some problem it can even boot from PXE but in this case the autologin of course is not working
WHAT IS MY PROBLEM
- thinstation.conf.user is ignored, the usb is correctly mounted , but the auto rdp session is not workign at all . (maybe some wrong on config or maybe my file is not well coded :/)
- the usb drive not ever have the same directory, sometime is sda some time sdb etc.. how i can uniform it?
- there is a better way to implement what i need?
- in configuration files i read about profiles, but i did not understand what they qare , on website i didn;t find any documentation about them , someone cna explain ? should i use them
thanks to all for time and sorry for my bad english
Re: Multiple server auto login , which is the best way to implement?
update : i have beeen able to mount the drive using label but i keep this error when booting
Trying to read thinstation.conf.user from /mnt/usbdevice/boot
Cound not find configuration file /mnt/usbdevice/boot/thinstation.profile/thinstation.conf.user
but if i check and trail to make a tail /mnt/usbdevice/boot/thinstation.profile/thinstation.conf.user i can see the content, it look like the usb is mounted after ,... what can be?
this is part of my buildtime conf