Quantcast

Network Driver not registering

jamestimms95
I am using a template build.conf file to run thinstation on a HP ProDesk 650, but the network driver isn't registering.

I have the correct network card driver: 22_3_CD.gz - checked on the intel website this can be used for a ProBook 650

I extract the subfolders from the .gz folder and I added the e1000e-3.3.5.3 package to our package folder under the thinstation > build folders. I then added the line of code to link the package to the script.

Once the ISO is built and I try to boot off it, it goes into Thinstation but it won't register a network card, it just looks for a network.

I am happy to supply the build config file for someone to read over to see if they can make sense of it and let me know where to add the package? I can also supply screenshots of folder locations/names from our VM server.

Re: Network Driver not registering

Don Cupp
I would guess that you need to compile that source against the kernel before building.

Sent from my iPad

> On May 12, 2017, at 4:29 AM, jamestimms95 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am using a template build.conf file to run thinstation on a HP ProDesk 650,
> but the network driver isn't registering.
>
> I have the correct network card driver: 22_3_CD.gz - checked on the intel
> website this can be used for a ProBook 650
>
> I extract the subfolders from the .gz folder and I added the e1000e-3.3.5.3
> package to our package folder under the thinstation > build folders. I then
> added the line of code to link the package to the script.
>
> Once the ISO is built and I try to boot off it, it goes into Thinstation but
> it won't register a network card, it just looks for a network.
>
> I am happy to supply the build config file for someone to read over to see
> if they can make sense of it and let me know where to add the package? I can
> also supply screenshots of folder locations/names from our VM server.

Re: Network Driver not registering

jamestimms95
I'm quite new to thinstation, I've had very little training and having to learn it off my own back. Would you be able to explain how I'd do this process?

Re: Network Driver not registering

Michael K-2
Are you sure you need to compile a newer e1000e driver from Intel?
The one that's provided by Thinstation might be sufficient.  You may need to make an image using --allmodules or at least make sure your build.conf has a 'module e1000e' line in it.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 8:08 AM, jamestimms95 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm quite new to thinstation, I've had very little training and having to
learn it off my own back. Would you be able to explain how I'd do this
process?

Re: Network Driver not registering

Don Cupp
I think that one also need firmware.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, May 12, 2017, 7:29 AM, Michael K <[hidden email]> wrote:

Are you sure you need to compile a newer e1000e driver from Intel?
The one that's provided by Thinstation might be sufficient.  You may need to make an image using --allmodules or at least make sure your build.conf has a 'module e1000e' line in it.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 8:08 AM, jamestimms95 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm quite new to thinstation, I've had very little training and having to
learn it off my own back. Would you be able to explain how I'd do this
process?

Re: Network Driver not registering

emuhuron
Did youcreate the machine profile on the test system and copy it off to your build system to create the ISO?

Brian Koch
IT Dept
City of Taylor, MI
(734) 374-1514 or Ext. 7550 (internal use)
Please have a ticket put in if you need an issue resolved.

I have added the e1000e card as a module on the build.conf but I'm not sure whether the package location on the server is correct, do you tend to save modules in a different location to packages or whether they may be conflict with other drivers / modules on the build.conf. (sorry for the very basic questions, there is very little to no support on this at my workplace)

Re: Network Driver not registering

jamestimms95
I'm using a profile that the original developer used. The profile does work on HP Elitebook laptops and was working on our HP 8200 elite desktops. But when editing I am using the production server and just hashing out and making notes of which lines I am editing in the code.