Quantcast

No time zone set from thinstation.conf.network in Thinstation 5.2

No time zone set from thinstation.conf.network in Thinstation 5.2

Stefano Ceccherini
Hi, is setting time zone from thinstation.conf.network not supported anymore?
I noticed that the part

if [ -n "$TIME_ZONE" ] ; then
        TZ=$TIME_ZONE
fi

has been removed from thinstation.global.

Also, and maybe I should've asked this before, is it correct to post these kind of messages here ?
Or should I file ticket somewhere ?

Re: No time zone set from thinstation.conf.network in Thinstation 5.2

Michael K-2
Thinstation doesn't set the TZ environment variable any more, but it does use TIME_ZONE to configure /etc/localtime.
It's set during S31console-keymap.
I've been setting it from thinstation.conf.buildtime and it's been working for me, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work from thinstation.conf.network.

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:06 AM, Stefano Ceccherini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, is setting time zone from thinstation.conf.network not supported anymore?
I noticed that the part

if [ -n "$TIME_ZONE" ] ; then
        TZ=$TIME_ZONE
fi

has been removed from thinstation.global.

Also, and maybe I should've asked this before, is it correct to post these kind of messages here ?
Or should I file ticket somewhere ?

Re: No time zone set from thinstation.conf.network in Thinstation 5.2

Michael K-2
I take that back. I have all of the timezones loaded into my image, which is not necessarily the default.
Looks like you're using the full time designator.
I know that the problem with using the TZ environment variable is that it can't be changed dynamically for a road warrior configuration, which is why it was removed.