Noobie help with RDP autoconnect vs standard Desktop

Noobie help with RDP autoconnect vs standard Desktop

CrimsonKidA
Hi all, I'm new to DevStation and ThinStation, just started working with it this week. So far I'm seeing a LOT of great potential, but I just need to tweak a couple things in my .conf file (or files?) and I'm not sure how to get the results I need.

This is what I'm doing now:
-DevStation in a VM, create via ./Build --allmodules
- Upload the built ISO to Google Drive, then download my PC (can't figure out how to enable SCP into the VM).
- Write ISO to USB key via Rufus
- USB boots up fine and I can connect to the RDS server
- However, USB pass-thru does not work
- I also cannot get RDP auto-start to work properly. It launches, but fails to connect.

What I would like to accomplish:
- FreeRDP to auto-launch and connect to the RDS server. With my latest test config, it does auto-launch freeRDP but it just gets caught in a error loop: "Click yes to reconnect"
- Auto-launch freeRDP BUT give the user the option to minimize free RDP and go to the desktop (is this possible?)
- USB pass-thru for devices to work (we need to use a barcode scanner)
- (Once testing phase done) write the ISO to internal hard drive and use that instead of a USB key

Here is my build.conf file (w/o PW's of course): http://pastebin.com/S5iByxwy
Here is my thinstation.conf.buildtime file: http://pastebin.com/C6DLHkHE

Any help greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Re: Noobie help with RDP autoconnect vs standard Desktop

nivbehar
Hey,
About vm:
Try to install vmware tools on the DevStation VM, then u will be able to just CTRL+C - CTRL+V files to your host.

About freerdp:
I had some problems too with freerdp, so i moved to rdesktop.

Anyway, to mount a USB stick in a rdp session through FREERDP, u will need to set freerdp options like so:
SESSION_1_FREERDP_OPTIONS="/drive:usb,/mnt/usbdevice/"
I did that to get a USB stick to work, not a barcode scanner -
scanner just worked for me with no problems..

Re: Noobie help with RDP autoconnect vs standard Desktop

CrimsonKidA
Excellent, thank you! I will try it!