Noobie help with RDP autoconnect vs standard Desktop
Hi all, I'm new to DevStation and ThinStation, just started working with it this week. So far I'm seeing a LOT of great potential, but I just need to tweak a couple things in my .conf file (or files?) and I'm not sure how to get the results I need.
This is what I'm doing now: -DevStation in a VM, create via ./Build --allmodules
- Upload the built ISO to Google Drive, then download my PC (can't figure out how to enable SCP into the VM).
- Write ISO to USB key via Rufus
- USB boots up fine and I can connect to the RDS server
- However, USB pass-thru does not work - I also cannot get RDP auto-start to work properly. It launches, but fails to connect.
What I would like to accomplish: - FreeRDP to auto-launch and connect to the RDS server. With my latest test config, it does auto-launch freeRDP but it just gets caught in a error loop: "Click yes to reconnect"
- Auto-launch freeRDP BUT give the user the option to minimize free RDP and go to the desktop (is this possible?)
- USB pass-thru for devices to work (we need to use a barcode scanner)
- (Once testing phase done) write the ISO to internal hard drive and use that instead of a USB key
Re: Noobie help with RDP autoconnect vs standard Desktop
Try to install vmware tools on the DevStation VM, then u will be able to just CTRL+C - CTRL+V files to your host.
I had some problems too with freerdp, so i moved to rdesktop.
Anyway, to mount a USB stick in a rdp session through FREERDP, u will need to set freerdp options like so:
I did that to get a USB stick to work, not a barcode scanner -
scanner just worked for me with no problems..