Openbox autostart file?

Christof Böckler-2
Hi,

I’m trying to build a web browser appliance, i.e. running a web browser
full screen automatically. Since Firefox does not seem to have the
necessary commandline options, I switched to Chrome for this purpose.

Chrome is well suited for the job. I just have to run

chrome --app="URL" --start-fullscreen

from a terminal within a desktop session (either xfwm4 or openbox).

Btw. I was *unable* to get the same result using

SESSION_0_TYPE=chrome
SESSION_0_CHROME_OPTIONS='--app="URL" --start-fullscreen'

because the emerging window does not fill up the whole screen, but
leaves a huge empty gap on the right hand side of the screen (at
1280×1024 resolution). Thus I decided to use a desktop environment.

What is the best way to autostart a command like the above from within
openbox?
If there are different alternatives: Which way is most easily combinable
with git management, i.e. makes my modifications auto-mergable for git
in case of future Thinstation updates?

Christof