Package for desktop shortcut to file system

Package for desktop shortcut to file system

NoreiT
Hi all,
is there any package I could use to do desktop icon (shortcut) to any filesystem folder (samba mount) and ideally lock user in that folder (not been able to browse whole filesystem with it)?

Thanks
NoreiT

Re: Package for desktop shortcut to file system

Michael K-2
The thinstation filesystem or the remote samba filesystem?
There's certainly no package that does that right now.  I don't even know if you could - you'd also have to modify every other application, as there's nothing to stop me from browsing with Firefox or a text editor.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 3:04 AM, NoreiT <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
is there any package I could use to do desktop icon (shortcut) to any
filesystem folder (samba mount) and ideally lock user in that folder (not
been able to browse whole filesystem with it)?

Thanks
NoreiT

Re: Package for desktop shortcut to file system

NoreiT
Hi,
Thinstation filesystem is enough, as I am mounting remote file share at boot.

How about to user tsuser mode (mentioned in build.conf - #param tsuser - Name of the user that thinstation will run as. Needs userauto package.) to lock down user in folders to which he have permisions? But I didnt found "userauto" package in packages dir. Is it working as I am expecting? That TS after boot is "logged in" as defined user and not as root?

Lukas

Michael K-2 wrote
The thinstation filesystem or the remote samba filesystem?
There's certainly no package that does that right now.  I don't even know
if you could - you'd also have to modify every other application, as
there's nothing to stop me from browsing with Firefox or a text editor.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 3:04 AM, NoreiT <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> is there any package I could use to do desktop icon (shortcut) to any
> filesystem folder (samba mount) and ideally lock user in that folder (not
> been able to browse whole filesystem with it)?
>
> Thanks
> NoreiT

Re: Package for desktop shortcut to file system

Michael K-2
It should say switchuser, not userauto.

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 3:31 AM, NoreiT <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
Thinstation filesystem is enough, as I am mounting remote file share at
boot.

How about to user tsuser mode (mentioned in build.conf - #param tsuser -
Name of the user that thinstation will run as. Needs userauto package.) to
lock down user in folders to which he have permisions? But I didnt found
"userauto" package in packages dir. Is it working as I am expecting? That TS
after boot is "logged in" as defined user and not as root?

Lukas

Michael K-2 wrote
> The thinstation filesystem or the remote samba filesystem?
> There's certainly no package that does that right now.  I don't even know
> if you could - you'd also have to modify every other application, as
> there's nothing to stop me from browsing with Firefox or a text editor.
>
> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 3:04 AM, NoreiT &lt;

> llauryn@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> is there any package I could use to do desktop icon (shortcut) to any
>> filesystem folder (samba mount) and ideally lock user in that folder (not
>> been able to browse whole filesystem with it)?
>>
>> Thanks
>> NoreiT

Re: Package for desktop shortcut to file system

NoreiT
I will try that one, is there anything specific for this package to use? Does it work with xfwm4? Does it work like I did say before (autologin to specified user and work in xfwm4 with user rights)? Anything specific with other packages run (rdesktop, firefox)?

Thaks in advance
<quote author="Michael K-2">
It should say switchuser, not userauto.

Re: Package for desktop shortcut to file system

Michael K-2
Other than setting the tsuser to something other than root, no requirements.
I believe it works with all the main TS packages.  Can't make any promises on your custom packages.