Package version & update

McHenry
I am struggling to get my printer working as there is no linux driver for the . Laserjet Pro M402dn

I have read there is a driver in hplip version 3.15.11

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/LaserJet-Pro-M402dn-driver-for-Linux/td-p/5354422

How can check which version of hplip I have and update if required?

Re: Package version & update

Michael K-2
pkginfo -i | grep hpijs
Or just look in ts/ports/components/hpijs
You're probably on 3.15.4 if you're on master.  Could be older.

You could probably pop into that directory, change the version in Pkgfile and rebuild the port.
Then make sure you clean and include the hpijs package so it gets in your builds.

My fork (ts-michaelk/thinstation) has newer printer stuff.  I'm a few weeks out of date from master - Don's changes conflict with some of mine and I don't have time to sort at the moment.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:43 PM, Henry McLaughlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_m402dn.html

On 23 June 2016 at 11:41, Henry McLaughlin <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am struggling to get my printer working as there is no linux driver for the . Laserjet Pro M402dn

I have read there is a driver in hplip version 3.15.11

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/LaserJet-Pro-M402dn-driver-for-Linux/td-p/5354422

How can check which version of hplip I have and update if required?

Re: Package version & update

McHenry
Thanks Michael,

You are correct that my package version was 3.15.4-1

Is it possible to upgrade to 3.15.11 which contains the driver for my printer?

On 24 June 2016 at 06:06, Michael K <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Michael,

Can you further explain the last two instructions please:

1) change the version in Pkgfile
2) rebuild the port.
3) clean and include the hpijs package so it gets in your builds.

Re: Package version & update

McHenry
Hi Michael,

I have just updated hplip on my personal Ubuntu desktop using:
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install.html

Now I can see my printer model as expected:

lpinfo --make-and-model "Laserjet Pro M402" -m
lsb/usr/HP/hp-laserjet_pro_m402_m403d-ps.ppd.gz HP LaserJet Pro M402-M403 Postscript (recommended)
lsb/usr/HP/hp-laserjet_pro_m402_m403-ps.ppd.gz HP LaserJet Pro M402-M403n Postscript (recommended)

To get this working on Thinstation am I not just able to copy over the ppd.gz file from my computer and add it to the folder with the others or is the process more complex?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Package version & update

Michael K-2
Don pulled my latest changes into both master and it's probably destined for 5.5-Stable soon.
It includes the update for hplip.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 8:11 AM, McHenry <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Michael,

I have just updated hplip on my personal Ubuntu desktop using:
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install.html

Now I can see my printer model as expected:

lpinfo --make-and-model "Laserjet Pro M402" -m
lsb/usr/HP/hp-laserjet_pro_m402_m403d-ps.ppd.gz HP LaserJet Pro M402-M403
Postscript (recommended)
lsb/usr/HP/hp-laserjet_pro_m402_m403-ps.ppd.gz HP LaserJet Pro M402-M403n
Postscript (recommended)

To get this working on Thinstation am I not just able to copy over the
ppd.gz file from my computer and add it to the folder with the others or is
the process more complex?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Package version & update

McHenry

Thanks Michael, I think I'll wait for 5.5 rather than trying to patch 5.4.

Thanks for letting me know.