Persistent storage in ThinStation? Particularly for Firefox (full browser)

Persistent storage in ThinStation? Particularly for Firefox (full browser)

CrimsonKidA
Is there a way to make storage in ThinClient persistent or no? The issue we have is that people are using Firefox and bookmarking sites, setting homepage, etc, but it's all reset when the machine reboots. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Persistent storage in ThinStation? Particularly for Firefox (full browser)

emuhuron
Crimson, for the deployment of the system, we have the user or ourselves change the pc boot to network controller.  We created a tar.xz of an "untouched" thinstation image that the network controller is pointed at.  From the controller, steps involve wiping and formatting the hard drive for TS usage.  No firefox, no vmware, just network settings for the location of the my TS image (another tar.xz file).  The "untouched" image expands on the pc ram and copies the my TS image from an adjacent folder on the server to the local hard drive.  Next pc boot, image is local to pc.

I'm using Sessions 1-3 for my app shortcuts with specific links.  If you handle your shortcuts issue like my system, you could have several shortcuts with different names on them.

Example of my ts.conf.bldtime file (sessions only)
Session 0= xfwm4
Session 1=vmware
Session2=firefox
Session2_server=http://www.blah/blah1.. (link to website)
Session3=firefox
Session2_server=http://www.blah/blah2..(link to website)

Brian Koch
IT Dept
City of Taylor, MI
(734) 374-1514 or Ext. 7550 (internal use)
Please have a ticket put in if you need an issue resolved.

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 10:32 AM, CrimsonKidA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a way to make storage in ThinClient persistent or no? The issue we
have is that people are using Firefox and bookmarking sites, setting
homepage, etc, but it's all reset when the machine reboots. Any help
appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Persistent storage in ThinStation? Particularly for Firefox (full browser)

CrimsonKidA
Excellent, thank you Brian! I'll check into this.