Quantcast

Porting Thinstation to i.MX 6Q processor (ARMv7 Cortex-A9 core)

Porting Thinstation to i.MX 6Q processor (ARMv7 Cortex-A9 core)

Matt Zhabin
Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for the amazing product!
I would like to port Thinstation to ARM (i.MX 6Quad 32-bit processor which is based on ARMv7 Cortex-A9 core). Right now I'm running Debian 8 (jessie) on it. Would appreciate any advice on how to start and proceed with Thinstation porting to this platform. Results will share with Thinstation community.

Best regards,
Matt

Re: Porting Thinstation to i.MX 6Q processor (ARMv7 Cortex-A9 core)

Michael K-2
You'll need to bootstrap or (cross?)compile the ARM toolchain that you can use to start recompiling the necessary core Thinstation/CRUX ports to get a running development environment.  Then you go through the pain of recompiling everything.  Expect to spend a lot of time doing this.

Because of some independent updating of the master branch, I doubt you can recompile everything.  You might have better luck on the 6.1-Unstable branch, which has been somewhat recently compiled with everything together.  As it's name implies, it's not quite production ready yet.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 7:18 PM, Matt Zhabin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for the amazing product!
I would like to port Thinstation to ARM (i.MX 6Quad 32-bit processor which is based on ARMv7 Cortex-A9 core). Right now I'm running Debian 8 (jessie) on it. Would appreciate any advice on how to start and proceed with Thinstation porting to this platform. Results will share with Thinstation community.

Best regards,
Matt

Re: Porting Thinstation to i.MX 6Q processor (ARMv7 Cortex-A9 core)

Matt Zhabin
Hello Michael,

Thank you very much for your reply. I was able to boot board with crux 3.3, but a lot of stuff is not working, will report any progress I'll make.

Regards,
Matt