Quantcast

Printer Redirection

tgrattan

I’ve been doing some research on this one and haven’t found any obvious answers…

I’m in the process of converting some users to ThinStation (which has been a breeze to get setup and has been working really well) and I have some users who have Dymo label printers hooked directly to their PC.  I’d like to use printer redirection with FreeRDP but I’m not sure what I need to do on the ThinStation side to get this to work (other than add the /printer switch to the FreeRDP session).

Thanks!

Timothy Grattan

Re: Printer Redirection

Michael K-2
I think /printer has to have specific options.
And I think your printer has to be configured with CUPS.
system-config-printer might autoconnect the printer

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Timothy Grattan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’ve been doing some research on this one and haven’t found any obvious answers…

I’m in the process of converting some users to ThinStation (which has been a breeze to get setup and has been working really well) and I have some users who have Dymo label printers hooked directly to their PC.  I’d like to use printer redirection with FreeRDP but I’m not sure what I need to do on the ThinStation side to get this to work (other than add the /printer switch to the FreeRDP session).

Thanks!

Timothy Grattan

Re: Printer Redirection

Humulus
Maybe add package lp_server to make your thinstation a jetdirectbox?

This way the Dymo label printer can be shared with more users.

regards,
Ruud

Re: Printer Redirection

trentasis
please, read thinstation wiki,contains information about printers and cups

El dimarts, 9 de maig de 2017, Humulus <[hidden email]> va escriure: