Printer Redirection

tgrattan

I’ve been doing some research on this one and haven’t found any obvious answers…

I’m in the process of converting some users to ThinStation (which has been a breeze to get setup and has been working really well) and I have some users who have Dymo label printers hooked directly to their PC.  I’d like to use printer redirection with FreeRDP but I’m not sure what I need to do on the ThinStation side to get this to work (other than add the /printer switch to the FreeRDP session).

Thanks!

Timothy Grattan

Re: Printer Redirection

Michael K-2
I think /printer has to have specific options.
And I think your printer has to be configured with CUPS.
system-config-printer might autoconnect the printer

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Timothy Grattan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’ve been doing some research on this one and haven’t found any obvious answers…

I’m in the process of converting some users to ThinStation (which has been a breeze to get setup and has been working really well) and I have some users who have Dymo label printers hooked directly to their PC.  I’d like to use printer redirection with FreeRDP but I’m not sure what I need to do on the ThinStation side to get this to work (other than add the /printer switch to the FreeRDP session).

Thanks!

Timothy Grattan

Re: Printer Redirection

Humulus
Maybe add package lp_server to make your thinstation a jetdirectbox?

This way the Dymo label printer can be shared with more users.

regards,
Ruud

Re: Printer Redirection

trentasis
please, read thinstation wiki,contains information about printers and cups

El dimarts, 9 de maig de 2017, Humulus <[hidden email]> va escriure: