Quantcast

Printer links between TS & freerdp cli

McHenry
I want to have a local printer defined in ThinStation redirected to my Windows machine via freerdp.

I have updated thinstation.conf.buildtime to include:

# https://github.com/Thinstation/thinstation/wiki/Printer-configuration
CUPS_PRINTER_0_NAME="sample network printer 0"
CUPS_PRINTER_0_DEVICEURI="socket://192.168.1.20"
CUPS_PRINTER_0_DRIVER="drv:///sample.drv/generpcl.ppd"

I understand I also need to add the "/printer" switch to my freerdp command to redirect this printer to Windows:

# https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/wiki/CommandLineInterface
/printer:<device>,<driver>

Would the correct freerdp switch be:
/printer:"sample network printer 0","sample"

My confusion is I am unsure if the specific driver is specified in the line "CUPS_PRINTER_0_DRIVER", the freerdp command line or both, and if both I am guessing the settings need to match

My printer is a Laserjet Pro M402dn

Re: Printer links between TS & freerdp cli

trentasis
Hi,

Only define
CUPS_PRINTER_0_NAME="sample network printer 0"
CUPS_PRINTER_0_DEVICEURI="socket://192.168.1.20"
CUPS_PRINTER_0_DRIVER="drv:///sample.drv/generpcl.ppd"

and in freerdp options /printer:"sample network printer 0","sample"

only this...

[...]

Thanks, this works.

How/where do I define the printer options?

The driver defaults to Letter sized paper whereas I use A4.

On 20 June 2016 at 02:43, Trenta sis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Only define
[...]

Interesting... I wonder which setting relates to the default paper size...

Thanks Trent