Quantcast

Query about kernel command line version TS5.5

Query about kernel command line version TS5.5

juanm
Hello,

I am trying to indicate the HOSTNAME parameters and the network settings through the kernel command line.

Booting using syslinux and in previous versions indicating the variable hostname or the variable ip in the kernel command line (APPEND) could easily customize the images.

Is it possible that same in version 5.5 or 5.4 that does not work for me?

What would be the name of those variables? The same as in the file thinstation.conf.buildtime?

Is it necessary to activate a specific package in the build.conf for this or some option to activate in the thinstation.conf.buildtime when generating the image?

Thank you.

Re: Query about kernel command line version TS5.5

juanm
All right, thank you.

The syntax of the variables is the same as in the thinstation.conf.buildtime?

For example: NET_HOSTNAME =, NET_IP =

Re: Query about kernel command line version TS5.5

Don Cupp
Yes

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone