Rdesktop and blank username

Justin Haskins
I would like a blank username when connecting to a Win2003 TS, I have tried
using:

SESSION_0_RDESKTOP_OPTIONS="-u "" -a 16 -d TEST -x l -r sound:local"

But rdesktop does not load, when I remove the -u "" it works fine.

How can I get rid of the pesky root username?

Thanks

Justin

Re: Rdesktop and blank username

Mike Eriksen
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, Justin Haskins wrote:

> I would like a blank username when connecting to a Win2003 TS, I have tried
> using:
>
> SESSION_0_RDESKTOP_OPTIONS="-u "" -a 16 -d TEST -x l -r sound:local"
>
> But rdesktop does not load, when I remove the -u "" it works fine.
>
> How can I get rid of the pesky root username?

SESSION_0_RDESKTOP_OPTIONS="-u '' -a 16 -d TEST -x l -r sound:local"

You have to use ' instead of " within a string.

Mike

> Thanks
>
> Justin

Thinstation FAQ maintainer
http://thinstation.sourceforge.net
- a light, full featured linux based thin client OS