Re: Citrix error after switch to ts5.5

taenny
Hello,

I get the same error message at startup (4x times) and it is independent from any kind of session related configuration.
DeviceStation:		TS 5.5.2 - 0628
Citrix Receiver:	13.5.0.10185126.tar.gz (also tried 13.4 and 13.3 with the exact same result and I updated build.urls accordingly)

It think this might be related to invalid, auto-created appsrv.ini or wfclient.ini under $HOME/.ICAClient (default: /etc/skel/.ICAClient). I miss the general [WFClient] section-tag for instance.

When starting the Citrix Receiver manually, I get the error messages again 4x times and when I click "View Log" it tells me
"Running window ica_wfc
EULA was rejected."

The .eula_accepted file is in place in my $HOME/.ICAClient directory so the install script runs.
I haven't tried with TS 5.4.2 and Linux 13.3.x yet.

Sidenote: If I install Citrix Receiver manually on DeviceStation via ./setupwfc, I get the EULA dialog and Receiver is installed correctly - no error messages and I can connect via existing .ica Files. Also in this case there are a bunch more config files in my $HOME/.ICAClient directory that are missing on my build for instance all region related .ini Files)

If anyone could point me/us in the right direction as what could be the reason or where to look next, I would be very grateful.
Cheers, Daniel

<quote author="Martijn de Jongh">
Hello,

Im testing the 5.5 version. In this version i get an error message when connecting to Xendesktop via the storefront interface.

Corrupt ICA file
The name (Browserprotocol=UDP) is not allowed for a section

In 5.4 no problems with the Linux ica client 13.3. I tested with the both 13.5 and 13.3 in ts5.5 but the error stays.

Martijn
</quote>

Re: Citrix error after switch to ts5.5

jonnyTS
Hi there.

Did you get any further with this? I'm trying Citrix Receiver 13.6 with ts 5.5 and it's error messages galore.

If I just install Receiver 13.3 instead, it sets up properly and shows the Storefront address box with no errors, but I need the latest version (or at least Receiver 13.5)

Jonny

Ok thanks. Just need to work out how to change the 'branch' on my devstation install now...

Re: Citrix error after switch to ts5.5

jonnyTS
Deleted contents of thinstation folder, then ran

git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/Thinstation/thinstation.git -b 5.6-Stable

./setup-chroot

After much downloading of files, I built a fresh 5.6 image with 13.6 Receiver on it, and still the same errors on startup.

"Corrupt ICA File"
The name ((null)) is not allowed for a section.

If I use 13.3, Citrix receiver loads without errors or prompting, so there must be some change in the structure of the config files at some point after 13.3