Re: Ctrl-Alt-Backspace Not Working?

Russell Ault
Hi Don!

I don't believe I'm using a WM at all, just FreeRDP. Is that not recommended?

Thanks!

-Russ

From: Don Cupp <doncuppjr@ya...> - 2015-11-16 02:06:11

Which WM are you using?

     On Sunday, November 15, 2015 1:10 PM, Russell Ault <russell@...> wrote:

I'm trying to setup a Thinstation client for RDP using DevStation 5.4. In my thinstation.conf.buildtime my SESSION_0_TYPE=freerdp, and I've been able to tweak everything to my satisfaction except for one thing: I'd like to be able to disconnect from the RDP server without logging off.    I'm operating under two assumptions 1. the easiest way to achieve this disconnect goal is to restart X using ctrl-alt-backspace 2. Thinstation supports ctrl-alt-backspace to restart X    I know about the DON'T_ZAP_STATE option (it's the basis for my assumption number 2) and I've left it unset (I also tried setting it to false). However, regardless of whether I'm running the Thinstation image in a VM or on bare metal, ctrl-alt-backspace appears to do nothing. Is this no longer an option?    I don't know if it makes a difference (it didn't in my testing) but I do have DONT_VT_SWITCH_STATE=true.    What do I need to do to make ctrl-alt-backspace work?

Thanks!

-Russ

Re: Ctrl-Alt-Backspace Not Working?

Don Cupp
Should be o.k. What are the contents of /etx/X11/xorg.conf.d ? And the contents of those files?

I don't believe I'm using a WM at all, just FreeRDP. Is that not recommended?

Thanks!

-Russ

Re: Ctrl-Alt-Backspace Not Working?

trentasis
with 5.4 for me works with
X_KEYBOARD_OPTION1="XkbOptions terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
DONT_VT_SWITCH_STATE=false
DONT_ZAP_STATE=false